Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2020, 05:50 PM   #1

Garage
First 6.0 stranding

Just thought I’d share my fun times stranded in rush hour. Just finished rescuing my sis with her 15k trailer stuck in an orchard when the van suddenly died on my way back. No fuel. I get the injector clicking when I turn the key but no hit. Must be the HPOP somehow. Ficm showed 49v when it was running. The FICM is a bullet proof version and the motor is fully built 25k ago. Towing to Hubbard to Fleet Service NW for repairs.

Old 02-06-2020, 06:31 PM   #2

Garage
Scan gauge shows p2634. Where is the ICP connector on the van? I read that it can come loose and I may be able to get myself going.

Stranded Brad
Old 02-06-2020, 06:43 PM   #3

Injection Control Pressure (ICP) sensor is located on the passenger valve cover, centered and towards the front of the cover. Looks like a large oil sensor with a plug on it. A quick look at the code listing a p2634 is a voltage out of range/open circuit from the the sensor to the Engine Control Module (computer). As you mention it could be a plug or wire issue but the sensors themselves are known to fail so people will sometimes carry a spare. Good luck.

- Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:07 PM   #4

Garage
Thanks Brother! I will carry a spare from here on out. It’s dark now so I’ll let my mechanic take care of it.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:03 AM   #5

vandiesel, any updates? I'm always looking to expand the 6.0 pilots/mechanics pool of knowledge.

- Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:23 PM   #6

Garage
Van is fixed. It was simple. ICP had "started" to fail. Van started right up the next morning. Rob at fleet service said he kinda spaced mentioning pouring cold water on it. I did not know you could do that but apparently when they get hot they stop working until they cool down. Rob also said there is a jacket and shield he puts on them to keep the heat off. I really like his knowledge the more I get to know him. The best part is that he is going to help me put together the ideal tool kit for field repairs. I thought there might be a sticky for that on here. I'm for sure getting a milwaukee impact gun for my van. My last outing we had to take down a G4 skidoo to change a plug and my riding buddy Jeff had everything we needed in his truck. That preparedness is really on my mind as I plan my baja trip. I'm pick it up tomorrow!

Brad
Old 02-12-2020, 08:25 PM   #7

Garage
Shuttle Pilot, on another note I need to thank you again for the sulastic shackle and deaver spring recommendations. My van rides so amazing after that upgrade. Thought you would like to know.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:25 AM   #8
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandiesel View Post
The best part is that he is going to help me put together the ideal tool kit for field repairs. I thought there might be a sticky for that on here.Brad
If you do assemble such a kit maybe post it here and ask it be made a sticky? I'm sure it would be a huge help for many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandiesel View Post
I'm for sure getting a milwaukee impact gun for my van.
Me too---should arrive this very day in fact. I've mentally struggled going this route but decided to bite the bullet. Since I already own nothing but Milwaukee cordless (and corded) tools what's one more right? Brings my total tool count to just about 20.........

I ordered the 2754-20 3/8" M18 impact---its been shown to remove lug nuts on semi trucks. It'll be carried in the van along with my Hummer jack for roadside tire changes should they ever be necessary.

I did strongly consider the mid and high torque 1/2" M18 versions but that might be a bit of over kill for my daily needs. If the 3/8" doesn't work as I hope I'll have the larger more powerful 1/2" tools but that's yet TBD.

Since I also do other work where an impact would be handy this tool won't sit around too often. And because my 30 year old home compressor is probably on its last legs moving to cordless tools might ease the pain of that loss.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:55 AM   #9

Here’s my tool list

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...rry-20892.html
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:55 PM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
If you do assemble such a kit maybe post it here and ask it be made a sticky? I'm sure it would be a huge help for many.

Me too---should arrive this very day in fact. I've mentally struggled going this route but decided to bite the bullet. Since I already own nothing but Milwaukee cordless (and corded) tools what's one more right? Brings my total tool count to just about 20.........

I ordered the 2754-20 3/8" M18 impact---its been shown to remove lug nuts on semi trucks. It'll be carried in the van along with my Hummer jack for roadside tire changes should they ever be necessary.

I did strongly consider the mid and high torque 1/2" M18 versions but that might be a bit of over kill for my daily needs. If the 3/8" doesn't work as I hope I'll have the larger more powerful 1/2" tools but that's yet TBD.

Since I also do other work where an impact would be handy this tool won't sit around too often. And because my 30 year old home compressor is probably on its last legs moving to cordless tools might ease the pain of that loss.
Rob and I went though his list. He said for sure he would carry and extra CAC pipe, ICP, and IPR. These tools would be in the bag to do the work:

ICP socket

IPR socket

I had a 5 yard dump trailer behind the van when the ICP failed. I used the winch to pull it off the road in the middle of an intersection in rush hour. The next day with my van down I used a shop van to pickup a forklift with the trailer. One of the new tires on the trailer failed with the 10k forklift in the trailer. Major lesson close to home on having the right jacks. Adding the hummer jack to the list.