Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #61

Re: got 5-Star tuned from Mike today!

Herb, I think he mentioned a lot of his work is mobile. Can't beat that!!

2006 EB 350 QuadVan V-10 (Working on Build out now)
2006 Quigley V-10 (Sold)
https://www.BrentHaywoodPhotography.com
https://www.facebook.com/haywoodphoto (Almost Daily Updates)
haywoodphotomaccom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:00 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
There was a guy I got to know on this forum (and others) who sold his v10 van but he had a 93 octane 5 Star Tune and always ran it. He said it was an absolute hot rod. Like sports car fast, but his van was basically empty as well.

I know I'm rather late to this thread but I have a sneaking suspicion you referring to me???

If so yeah I never had a single problem with it and increased every aspect of performance.

These days I have a5 star tuner on my 7.3 and couldn't be happier. I switched from an eco 80 horsepower tune back to my standard 80 horsepower tune last night just for fun and had a laughing fit for over 30 minutes.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 03:52 PM   #63

How do I get a tune for my 5.4? And would it be CA legal with smog?
DerPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 04:11 PM   #64

got 5-Star tuned from Mike today!

Oh yeah Bbasso, it was you I was thinking of. I bought my 5.4 tune for my last van based on your experience and loved it. My daily lately is a 3v Expedition with a 87 performance tune. Big improvement there as well.

Derpro, call 5 Star @ 843-536-1244

No affiliation, just a twice satisfied customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:20 PM   #65

Ummmm....yeah.

When I bought my v10 it shifted crisply and was very fast stock and empty. Definitely lost a bit with the bigger tires and transfer case and pop top etc. I did keep the 3.73 gears. Just put the 87 performance on and really really like the shift points. It stopped some of the gear hunting too. Very nice and worth every penny thus far. Van is fast. Might have to try a tank of 91 for kicks!
Old 04-19-2017, 10:13 AM   #66

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
Ummmm....yeah.

When I bought my v10 it shifted crisply and was very fast stock and empty. Definitely lost a bit with the bigger tires and transfer case and pop top etc. I did keep the 3.73 gears. Just put the 87 performance on and really really like the shift points. It stopped some of the gear hunting too. Very nice and worth every penny thus far. Van is fast. Might have to try a tank of 91 for kicks!
Don't bother with the tank of 91 unless you are very heavily loaded and need knock supression. I see the greatest benefit in my 5-Star setup coming from the 87 Performance tune. It makes the Economy and towing tunes seem boring and slow!

Scott
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:19 AM   #67

Thanks Scott.

Drove it some more this morning on the way to work. 0-65mph is quick. Really like the 1->2 and 2->3 shifting in particular. 1->2 has the pop again and 2->3 slides right in there. It does a much better job of keeping speed and not downshifting when I give it a little bit of pedal after coasting.

Look forward to seeing how it does on my next road trip! I know it's silly, but I am still getting used to the vehicle.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #68

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
Thanks Scott.

Drove it some more this morning on the way to work. 0-65mph is quick. Really like the 1->2 and 2->3 shifting in particular. 1->2 has the pop again and 2->3 slides right in there. It does a much better job of keeping speed and not downshifting when I give it a little bit of pedal after coasting.

Look forward to seeing how it does on my next road trip! I know it's silly, but I am still getting used to the vehicle.
I was hoping to get a little more economy out of mine, but truth be told I drive it like a sports car and nearly 8mpg with a 4r100 is not out of line. The shift and engine cal changes were worth the money for sure!

Scott
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:37 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDOVAL View Post
I was hoping to get a little more economy out of mine, but truth be told I drive it like a sports car and nearly 8mpg with a 4r100 is not out of line. The shift and engine cal changes were worth the money for sure!

Scott

I completely understand. V10

I will be glad for the 10mpg I get on trips. Hoping to get a little more, but we shall see.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:53 PM   #70

I love reading about v10 5-star tune devotees. My 25' motorhome (5-star v10) drives like a car and gets 10 mpg!!!! I rarely got this out of my 460 Sportsmobile and it wasn't nearly as fun to drive.......on road anyway.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote