Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2020, 01:44 PM   #1

Grinding noise when turning left

Hi folks, not to long ago my 02 E-350 developed a grinding noise when turning left. It sounds like worn brakes pads.
I suspect it might be the bearings, do you guys think it is a good start? has anyone experienced something similar

lashidalgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:55 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Is it rubbing the fender and if not really it’s not hard to get it serviced or service it. Jack up each side and see if you can feel it. Might be the u joint or the bearing but in any case it s a safety issue.

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:16 AM   #3
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Hey Lashi, I'm wondering if it is the noise talked about in another post about grinding noise when turning...I couldn't believe it was such a simple fix, let alone the fact members stated it was actually noise caused from the back diff...It happens to me when we have been driving on the highway for awhile, and we get off at an exit, stop, and take off/turn...the grinding is more of a sound like big rubber sidewall treads rubbing on the pavement (like a low tire)....it is b/c of lack of some kind of additive in the diff oil (?!?) I haven't taken mine in to tell the folks more additive please, but will do before our next trip...here is the post (check the "search" at the top of the home page, plug in the question, and it should take you there...) it was started by "diminis" GREAT reading and I am pretty sure it is what you are experiencing...here is the first post:

"The Daily Grind...ing noise"

So, when I take off from a stop, while turning, I get a grind-ish rubbing-ish noise front the front (gear sound). Its what i might expect if my hubs were locked in, but they aren't. My guess is when at close to full lock (turn), and under acceleration, the hub(s) is/are engaging. However, not an easy thing to check without getting run over. Anyone have a similar issue? I've checked for rubbing tires, etc., but the search yields nothing.
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote