Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2014, 06:37 PM   #11
Site Team

Garage
Re: Has anyone had multiple cam sensor failures on the 6.0 P

Well to bring this back up to the light of day, I had this failure 2 weeks after the Bullet proof job Zylstra's did. If it wasn't for the fact that they didn't route the Espar lines the way I requested, I'd have taken it to Ford. It was the cam sensor wire extension (according to Zylstra's) that was part of the problem. I sure felt like I was let down by the shop. I do understand that the coolant lines is a bit of a job but I paid for that part during the rebuild and it seems they are double charging me. I mean what would be the price to replace the cam sensor, an idler pulley, and reroute the lines. I also had an oil leak from a sensor that they didn't replace the O-ring. Wow it never leaked before. I just feel that almost all of that should have been done on their dime. They paid for only 1/2 the tow and I end up with a 1300.00 out of pocket bill and I'm not happy about that. All I hope is that they truly found the problem but even at that I'm thinking it will go to (unfortunately) my local Ford dealership if trouble continues. Hard to say if it will hold up but I took the van there to keep all this from happening and now have had 3 issues they missed??? The tow was 700 and that would have covered a large expense of the repair. It pays to make sure that if trouble occurs after a major overhaul that you have in writing that the shop pays for the tow to the shop and that they cover problems they missed. Maybe I'm expecting too much and every shop would have nailed me for this. The rest of the job sounds like it went good but that's what I thought 2 weeks ago before this:

This doesn't make me feel too comfortable on the trail right now

[Edit] Well there was a bit more trouble than I thought, some from a different shop. I'll say that I'd like that some of the labor cost should have been covered but after seeing the idler... yikes! Maybe Ford would have charged more???
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1495.JPG   Help my 6.0 broke down.jpg  

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote