Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2021, 09:44 AM   #11

Love my V10! How much do code errors affect her value?

Searched for this topic, it may be touched on in a thread I did not find. Sure it will depend on individual buyers tolerance / comfort levels, but I respect the input I have previously received here.
I have 3 error codes on my V10 that do not affect driving performance.
Emissions (been on since 2016, it DID pass PA inspection in 2019) - Passenger airbag (mechanic nor I have had success troubleshooting) and TPMS.
These will be diagnosed at Ford Dealer on Thursday, so TBD on outcome. Emissions correction is $$$ (per 2017 dealer visit). I know the approx price of TPMS sensor so I need to verify which tire is throwing code. I'm hoping dealer has some insight into putting the passenger airbag back into service.
So- is it prudent to list (and disclose) her for sale without correcting these? Otherwise, I've had regular maintenance, upgrades to suspension, steering, brakes, tires, bumper, cargo and handles with excellence in all driving conditions. I do not hesitate to drive her on trips. I do not personally tow (of course has tow package), but she seems to run (and handle best) when fully loaded with wieght.

Getting ready to post HellBetty for sale.... Thanks for SINCERE insights. Funny stuff will be dealt with accordingly.

Old 07-20-2021, 10:24 AM   #12

Do you have Forscan (forscan.org)? Pretty powerful diagnostic and programming tool for cheap.

Nothing you've listed here would be of any concern to me if I were the buyer. I'd still try to fix them if it doesn't cost a ton to do so but don't feel like you have to discount your sale price by any significant amount. It's still a later model V10 4x4 van, it can still bring top dollar in this market.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 10:31 AM   #13

Does your van have a swivel on the passenger side? Does it have the "passenger airbag" switch on the dash? Is the error code related specifically to the passenger airbag or a system fault on the passenger side? The former would most likely be related to the dash switch or a connection between the airbag itself and the restraints control module. The latter would most likely be the seat belt pretensioner connection or the harness that goes to it. That harness has a connection at the seat and at the driver side B-pillar under the carpet/body and interior panel.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:39 AM   #14
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Annie O do be advised any work on the air bags OR the seat belt pyro's should have the negative battery cable removed prior to such work. Once its disconnected wait at least 15 minutes for any residual current to dissipate for safety's sake.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 02:17 PM   #15

Definitely yes on disclosing the issues if you won’t have them fixed. Knowing about and issue and not disclosing it claims bring claims of fraud.

I agree with Michael on price. The issues probably won’t affect the ultimate selling price. Too many folks looking for V10s these days.
Old 07-22-2021, 09:54 AM   #16

Michael- Hi, yes I have the passenger swivel so thanks for the input.... NO "passenger airbag" switch on the dash

And I believe it is specifically related to passenger AB since it occured at some point well after swivel seat was installed... Not a good assumption to make but I will have the error diagnosed further at dealer.

Actually I was at a dealer appointment this morning with no resulting repairs so I'll be calling their service manager for a little talk when Im done replying here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
Does your van have a swivel on the passenger side? Does it have the "passenger airbag" switch on the dash? Is the error code related specifically to the passenger airbag or a system fault on the passenger side? The former would most likely be related to the dash switch or a connection between the airbag itself and the restraints control module. The latter would most likely be the seat belt pretensioner connection or the harness that goes to it. That harness has a connection at the seat and at the driver side B-pillar under the carpet/body and interior panel.

And No I do not havse the FORscan tho I remember looking into it. I think I was feeling overwhelmed at that time lol. Sounds like a gresta resource to invest resourc and time in.

As usual thanks for much for your valuable insight!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
Do you have Forscan (forscan.org)? Pretty powerful diagnostic and programming tool for cheap.

Nothing you've listed here would be of any concern to me if I were the buyer. I'd still try to fix them if it doesn't cost a ton to do so but don't feel like you have to discount your sale price by any significant amount. It's still a later model V10 4x4 van, it can still bring top dollar in this market.
Old 07-22-2021, 09:56 AM   #17

OK Thanks for another comment on value re: error codes! And - not to worry, I definitely plan to disclose

Good to hear V10s are loved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
Definitely yes on disclosing the issues if you won’t have them fixed. Knowing about and issue and not disclosing it claims bring claims of fraud.

I agree with Michael on price. The issues probably won’t affect the ultimate selling price. Too many folks looking for V10s these days.
Old 07-22-2021, 10:06 AM   #18

Btw usually the airbag code is just pulled out wires when the seat was swiveled. Check the connector under the seat. Maybe it isn’t even plugged in. I took care to reroute mine to make sure rotating wouldn’t put strain on it.
Old 07-22-2021, 10:08 AM   #19

JW-0 OK! and thanks for the email.... I will proceed accordingly

So wonderful to have all you kind people here sharing knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Annie O do be advised any work on the air bags OR the seat belt pyro's should have the negative battery cable removed prior to such work. Once its disconnected wait at least 15 minutes for any residual current to dissipate for safety's sake.
Old 07-22-2021, 12:24 PM   #20
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
Btw usually the airbag code is just pulled out wires when the seat was swiveled. Check the connector under the seat. Maybe it isn’t even plugged in. I took care to reroute mine to make sure rotating wouldn’t put strain on it.
Been there, done that. I was storing some tools under the passenger seat for quick access. They got tangled and my mechanic made some money.

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
—Scott Miller, NYT Sports
rionapo is offline   Reply With Quote