Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2021, 12:36 PM   #21

@carringb - My harness got unplugged but no wire colors match up so I don't dare try to plug it back in. Have you got the time to get a photo of the colors and how they correspond in the plugs? Wife swiveled the seat the wrong way some time ago and the airbag code got thrown and the light is on on the dash. Bob

Old 07-22-2021, 01:10 PM   #22

Garage
OK, Mine has done the same thing (unplugged because of swiveling the seat while I had some other stuff tucked underneath). Can you just plug the wires back together, or do you need to disconnect the battery first ? (I recall some past posts "warning" that's its recommended to disconnect the battery when dealing with the Air Bag, just don't recall if that applies to this scenario)
Old 07-22-2021, 01:31 PM   #23

The seat connector can just be plugged back in. It does power the seatbelt pre tensioner but you won’t accidentally activate it unless you are using wire tools and cut into a hot wire at the same time.
Old 07-22-2021, 04:05 PM   #24

Here's a photo of mine if it helps:

Left side is the seat, right side is the chassis. Both wires on the seat side are the same color on mine, and match one of the wires on the chassis side.
Old 07-27-2021, 10:47 AM   #25

Thanks everyone- I am grateful for the feedback! I may be able to pin it down further with this input.... Both I and my mechanic have tried to troubleshoot the seatbelt connectors but I see a few new points in this thread. Or I may need to buy JW lunch and have his expertise applied in person! (just live a county or 2 away)

I will be offering her for sale so perhaps the seatbelt error will be passed along.
Old 08-04-2021, 08:15 PM   #26

Well, thanks everyone- I ended up getting dealer diagnosis with part numbers (quoted for 3.5 hr labor!!)... some sensor in the belt retractor...?
This isn’t exactly a V10 issue. But I d it up my old Haynes manual to try and make some sense, show to my mechanic. Mystery continues!
Old 08-04-2021, 08:33 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
Well, thanks everyone- I ended up getting dealer diagnosis with part numbers (quoted for 3.5 hr labor!!)... some sensor in the belt retractor...?
This isn’t exactly a V10 issue. But I d it up my old Haynes manual to try and make some sense, show to my mechanic. Mystery continues!

Hi Annie O, just to help your knowledge base on this issue I'll share what I see on my van. If I have a broken connection on the passenger swivel seat wires and the airbag light comes on it will flash a code. I forget which one. When I connect my Auto Enginuity Diagnostic tool (simmilar to ForScan) it will show a failure of the passenger seat belt pre-tentioner circuit. Funny thing is my van doesn't have seat belt pre-tentioners.

- Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:49 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post
. When I connect my Auto Enginuity Diagnostic tool (simmilar to ForScan) it will show a failure of the passenger seat belt pre-tentioner circuit. Funny thing is my van doesn't have seat belt pre-tentioners.

- Eric
Eric: YES! They said exactly that: it’s the pretensioner circuit !! I could hug you

it’s so baffling how that could have taken them as long as they billed for oops did I gripe out loud?

SO I will dig into this thread again + Haynes. Have you found any further clues or remedy... do you even have airbag operating in passenger seat?
Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 05:40 AM   #29

The seatbelt pre-tensioner almost never fails. That code is tripped with the connector is unplugged, or there is other wire damage causing an open circuit.
Old 08-05-2021, 05:41 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post
Funny thing is my van doesn't have seat belt pre-tentioners.

- Eric
Were your pretensioners removed? That would explain the code. Every E-series since '97 has been built with them.