Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2017, 09:38 AM   #41

Nice work. I also pulled that shield out because it wouldnt fit, but only after getting it all over myself and itching.

It will crank for a bit, at least mine did. Stick it on a charger and crank for 15 seconds and let rest and try again. Might take a few minutes but it should go.

Gtbensley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:49 AM   #42

Gotta build up those pressures to fire off
hogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:38 PM   #43

Looked for pics, I guess I deleted some. I'll see what I can do this weekend to get you helpful pics and any other info. The air intake sensor twists into a round hole in passenger side of your lower factory air filter box. For now, be careful to prevent rubbing on that hose or any wiring. It will run without the sensor installed into intake. Not sure if it will run if sensor had been torn off. Keep us posted!
VOODOO7.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:03 PM   #44

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOODOO7.3 View Post
Looked for pics, I guess I deleted some. I'll see what I can do this weekend to get you helpful pics and any other info. The air intake sensor twists into a round hole in passenger side of your lower factory air filter box. For now, be careful to prevent rubbing on that hose or any wiring. It will run without the sensor installed into intake. Not sure if it will run if sensor had been torn off. Keep us posted!

Awesome thanks for taking the time to do that Voodoo7.3 you have been a great help, I think this will help a lot to try and funnel some more fresh air along with a heat shield to get as much into the intake as possible in the bad location it will be in.
I'm bummed I already threw away my old intake away along with most likely the air intake sensor you speak of. I got busy with another project yesterday and have yet to try and start the beast up so well see how it goes without that sensor. If anyone knows of a way to bypass that sensor or if there is a way to buy a new one if its needed (maybe a different type that can be retrofitted) please let me know, I am clueless and might have to experiment with this if its needed, hopefully someone on here knows.
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:11 AM   #45

I know mine will run unplugged and seems to do so just fine. I have also forgotten to plug it into the airbox before and have just left it sitting and have seen no issues.

Pretty sure I replaced mine a while back just because and still may have the old one. Shoot me your address and I will mail it to you if you want (just need to find it).
Old 04-18-2017, 09:16 AM   #46

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtbensley View Post
I know mine will run unplugged and seems to do so just fine. I have also forgotten to plug it into the airbox before and have just left it sitting and have seen no issues.

Pretty sure I replaced mine a while back just because and still may have the old one. Shoot me your address and I will mail it to you if you want (just need to find it).

Awesome let me see how it goes first so you don't have to go through the hassle if its not needed, I will keep in contact and PM you if I end up needing it. thanks so much for the offer
Old 04-20-2017, 01:06 PM   #47

No problem, just let me know if you want it.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:31 AM   #48

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisnight View Post
I got busy with another project yesterday and have yet to try and start the beast up so well see how it goes without that sensor.
Have you started it up ?!!?

Mind giving a parts and cost breakdown?
Old 06-06-2017, 12:29 PM   #49

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenl View Post
Have you started it up ?!!?

Mind giving a parts and cost breakdown?
I did get it going finally and have taken quite a few trips with it, runs like a champ. I forgot I never did update this thread, I ended up gett8ng everything put back together and couldn't get it to run good and had to take it to a shop. They ended up needing to replace the IPR ( about the only thing I didn't replace but I tried to rebuild it, so that ended up costing me almost 4 hours if labor because it's hard to get too so I was pissed I didn't replace it in the first place would have saved a ton of money) and then I was having a short in one of my engine harnesses so it took them awhile but once they found that and replaced it then it ran great.

I will try and do a parts breakdown of everything I did when I get a chance, might take me a bit to get too though. In total I spent about $3,200 or so in parts give or take but I replaced everything I could think of and hopefully it's good for another 200k miles
Old 01-26-2018, 08:33 PM   #50

How's the van running
AmboRambo is offline   Reply With Quote