Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #1

Garage
Need new rotors

I called quigley a few weeks back and was told that my van had a ford axial and would use ford brake pads. The person was proven wrong when my brake guy discovered that my front 60 is from a k30. He was able to change pads, but thinks I need new rotors soon. I called and talk with Joyce at Quigley today and see pulled my van up and gave me all the correct and important info. She also quoted me for two front rotors. Does anyone have a secondary source? The price from quigley was around 370 shipped.

TexGX

2006 Casita (Makes it a three bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath)
TexGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:06 AM   #2

Re: Need new rotors

We had to replace the rotors on our 2001 Quigley many years ago but I don't remember the price nor can I find the receipt. But, the rotors had to be shipped to Quigley from the Brake Warehouse (as I recall) for Quigley to machine them to clear the ABS(?) sensors. So, if yours is the same, you might be able to find them cheaper but someone still needs to machine them.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:56 PM   #3

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=480&hilit=quigley+brakes&star t=15

Here are some slotted rotors, but you'll still need Quigley to machine them to clear the ABS sensor!
(or have someone local do it, Quigley will give you the diagram)

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Slot-126-66 ... B0055P3W0U
http://www.amazon.com/Power-Slot-126-66 ... B0055P3WBY

"A job worth doing is worth doing at least twice."
ANZAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:24 AM   #4

Garage

ANZAC,

Thanks for the info. I am thinking of going with the ones Quigley has for $150 each. Have you noticed a big difference in your set up?

TexGX
2006 Casita (Makes it a three bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath)
TexGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:13 AM   #5

I actually got the cryo slotted rotors and Hawk SD pads and they are excellent. However, there was a lot of expense in shipping the rotors around and getting them machined by Quigley.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #6

Heya ANZAC,

I was speaking with Frozen Rotors today and the gentleman with whom I spoke said the front rotors for my 96 Quigley E350 are the same with and without ABS. Does this sound correct or was there a miscommunication and would you suspect I'd need to have them machined? What machining is involved for the ABS issue?

BTW, he recommended the Frozen Rotors Slotted w/ Hawk LTS pads, FWIW, after I told him we'd put 50-70k miles on this van in the tropics with lots of mountain driving at a 10k GVW.

Cheers,
Josh
pbjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 02:42 PM   #7

I would check with Quigley to be sure (with your VIN).

Glenn

Old 11-29-2014, 07:39 AM   #8
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

The thread might be referenced above, I also went with frozen rotors-cryo slotted/Hawk LTS pads, Derek from CCV had a local machine shop drill them for 8X6.5 bolt pattern, I don't think we had to do anything to clear the ABS sensor, although my ABS light is now on but it has to do with Dynatrac's free spin hub kit that we installed vs. the new rotors, anyway....The brakes are a huge improvement over stock. Someone confirm, but I think Quigley's replacement as of late is an upgraded rotor/pad combo over stock, might not be a cryo slotted though.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF
The thread might be referenced above, I also went with frozen rotors-cryo slotted/Hawk LTS pads, Derek from CCV had a local machine shop drill them for 8X6.5 bolt pattern, I don't think we had to do anything to clear the ABS sensor, although my ABS light is now on but it has to do with Dynatrac's free spin hub kit that we installed vs. the new rotors, anyway....The brakes are a huge improvement over stock. Someone confirm, but I think Quigley's replacement as of late is an upgraded rotor/pad combo over stock, might not be a cryo slotted though.
Be interesting to see your part numbers. I could not get the LTS pads for the 2002 application, only the SD pads, which I was worried would not work so well when cold, but they're fine. I had the LTS pads on my 99 and also on my Jeep.

On the ABS sensor, it may looks like it fits, but what will happen without the machining is you wear a small groove in the sensor, which is bad.

I also don't know why you had to redrill the rotors for 8x6.5. The part numbers I posted are 8x6.5....

Old 11-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #10
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

Not sure, but I have an '03 with a Quigley conversion, they said I've got an '03 F-350 front end, so that's the application I ordered up from frozen rotors, I had them re-drilled because the F-series was 8X160 vs. the E-series being 8X6.5....or something to that effect. I tried to find out if I could just order up E-series rotors, no one could give me an answer at the time, are the hub sizes the same on F-350 and E-350? so I guess in theory they would fit without having to re-drill.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote