Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #31

Re: Oil Cooler System and EGR replacement now avail for E-se

I asked this question and was advised against it. As I recall, the head studs/bolts were the issue, here. In stock form, he's never seen a problem with the vans. Now I suppose you could always get those really fancy bolts, boost hp to say 400.... torque to 650?! Look away from the parts catalog

mtnrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:56 PM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywoodphotomaccom
I am sure this is asking for trouble but.....after doing all the "Bullet Proof" things can you increase power/torque with a tuner similar to the full size truck engines?
I think the biggest limitation might be on how to remove any additional heat from such a small engine compartment.

Herb
Old 06-03-2011, 02:23 AM   #33

I think there is certainly cooling capacity left in the 6.0L.

Cooling requirements are directly related to HP output (or more specifically, HP actually used). Gas motors make more heat/hp, but the V10 has ample cooling. I've modified mine to nearly 400hp, and still have no cooling issues, and I regularly run at nearly WOT for extended periods (10-15 minutes) when pulling at max weight up steep passes. The cooling systems for the diesel engines and V10 is the same, except the 6.0 also has the intercooler.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #34

Carring, what are you pushing for Torque on your V-10?

Does not look like anyone here has tuned their Diesel?

2006 EB 350 QuadVan V-10 (Working on Build out now)
2006 Quigley V-10 (Sold)
https://www.BrentHaywoodPhotography.com
https://www.facebook.com/haywoodphoto (Almost Daily Updates)
haywoodphotomaccom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #35

FWIW, Just had a conversation with Bulletproof.com. John stated as someone did already on here that the kit should be ready in 15-30 days. I asked about having a full BulletProof session done including heads bolts, EGR, etc at got a ROUGH quote of $8000.00 for everything and a week to do the work. He also stated that you should have no problem with using a mild tune on the engine after everything has been done.

Why do I have to have a diesel addiction?? Is there a 12 step program for this out there??

2006 Quigley V-10 (Sold)
Old 06-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
FWIW, Just had a conversation with Bulletproof.com. John stated as someone did already on here that the kit should be ready in 15-30 days. I asked about having a full BulletProof session done including heads bolts, EGR, etc at got a ROUGH quote of $8000.00 for everything and a week to do the work. He also stated that you should have no problem with using a mild tune on the engine after everything has been done.

Why do I have to have a diesel addiction?? Is there a 12 step program for this out there??
So, do you plan on selling your van, converting it to Ford's 6.0, or going with the Cummins 5.9L in-line six?

Herb
Old 06-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #37

Herb, most likely going to sell it and start from scratch. Been looking for an 08-09 EB or RB PSD passenger to put a Quadvan or Sportsmobile 4x4 on.

Finally got the OK from the misses to sell our motorhome and the van and build one vehicle for our recreation. Up till now she has not been to excited about down sizing. So now I'm really starting to look.

Just saw a Chinook 4x4 a few day ago on a local RV lot. Looked great!!

2006 Quigley V-10 (Sold)
Old 06-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #38

Quote:
Carring, what are you pushing for Torque on your V-10?
About 520 ft-lbs, which is nothing compared to the new diesels. But, when paired with 4.56 gears, it seems to be enough.

If I can make some time next week, I want to fab a new intake, similar to the AFE setup. QuadVan tested AFE on a V10 van and got ~40 hp IIRC, which no other changes. But my AFE knock-off will be paired with a hood scoop.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #39

Oil Cooler System and EGR replacement now avail for E-series

Quote:
Been looking for an 08-09 EB or RB PSD passenger to put a Quadvan or Sportsmobile 4x4 on.
Good luck. I've been looking for some time. Don't think Ford made any 6.0 passenger vans in '09. In fact, I've only seen one '08.

I got my hopes up when I saw the 4x4 conversion started on an '06. But, it's going to crush my will to live when the pictures of the overhead a/c getting ripped out are posted...
Old 06-04-2011, 03:25 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessenej

Good luck. I've been looking for some time. Don't think Ford made any 6.0 passenger vans in '09. In fact, I've only seen one '08.
Correct. Ford did not sell a factory diesel wagon in '09, due to the lack of RSC. But, there was a workaround to ordering one, that some dealers knew about, involving ordering a window van with all the passenger van items ordered as options. QuadVan had one back in the fall that they did a conversion on.

BTW - in '07/'08 you couldn't get the V10 in a wagon, without also doing the same ordering workaround.