Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2018, 07:28 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Looking forward to hearing about your results. If and when you get a chance, would you mind posting a Pic or two of the 10" auxiliary fan - I'm interested in how this was done. Thanks!

SMB does this with all their Starcool installs. Just get a 12v engine fan and zip-tie it to the radiator, run some wires, and you’re done.

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:04 PM   #32

Hi Ndubes,

Im just wrapping up an install of the 7.3 Manual Fan clutch along with the bulletproof Water pump on my 2006 6.0. My friend swears by this and his temps never get over 215 while pushing hard. I'll post my results later when the other parts come in and she's back on the road.
ucsundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 01:10 PM   #33

I installed a few 6” behind the Alum bumper to increase total flow with a thermocople relay set to 190. It helped, wanted to at the 10” but couldn’t see how that would fit between the trans radiator and the OEM grill.

Could you post some pics and the fan P/N
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:11 PM   #34

My van is in getting some interior work done right now - L-tracks, heater, etc - but will take some pictures when I get it back hopefully in a week or two. We had to trim some of the billet grille to get the fan to fit. At current Phoenix temps I don’t notice the scangauge temp changing at all with it on or off, but that may change in the summertime. I figure there’s no quick fix for temps on these engines so just do what you can, it can’t hurt (well, can’t hurt the van but it hurts the wallet a bit).
ndubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:12 PM   #35

Alright everybody sorry about the delay! Here are some pictures of the electric fan, this is really hard to see because of that billet grille but you can see that we did have to trim some of the surround behind the grille to get the fan to mount. It is operated by a simple toggle switch under the steering column inside. Not sure if this is very helpful or not since the pictures are hard to see without completely removing the grille. It's a little bit of a "hack job" admittedly, but there's no other good way to mount a fan back there - very little space between the grille and the radiator.

Here's the fan we installed.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1238.jpg   IMG_1239.jpg   IMG_1240.jpg   IMG_1241.jpg   IMG_1242.jpg  

ndubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 04:25 PM   #36

That’s basically the same fan and the same place SMB mounts the six fan for their Starcool system.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6.0 diesel, brakes, vacuum boost, wiring harness