Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2016, 04:28 AM   #41
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmkegel View Post
Hi DaveB,

Any recommendations for good people in the SF Bay area?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Malcolm
Hopefully one of the bay area guys can chime in. During my warranty I considered using Towne Ford in Redwood city because the manager Jay Mento was (is?) affiliated with Sportsmobile West. Not sure of their quality then or now but felt better having someone that at least knew what a Sportsmobile was. Jays Performance Diesel is starting to do a lot of diesel work in Fresno for SMB. Justin seems to know his stuff and they did a good job for me. Zilstra's Automotive rebuilt my engine and did a good job but a little pricey & about 45 min S/O SMBW. Valley Hybrids in Stockton was recommended by Advanced Adapters as a repair shop for the Atlas transfer case. They are a 4x4 shop not an diesel shop so to speak. Good luck on your quest.

Dave

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:50 AM   #42

Just wanted to post a big "thumbs-up" for the guys at Devil Mountain Diesel in Concord, Ca. Mark and Jay have gone out of there way to keep my 7.3 van running tip top. Honest, reliable and smart guys.
motoidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:32 PM   #43

How about Colorado - specifically the front range (Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins)?
peakbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:34 PM   #44
MSD

Garage
Best Diesel Mechanic in Loveland is Performance Diesel and Auto 1125 S Garfield Ave, Loveland, CO 80537 (970) 667-7396 Talk to Jessie. They work on my rig and I wouldn't go with anyone else in the area now that I've found them… Knowledgeable, reliable and reasonable on Price at $90 an hour.
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:26 PM   #45

I can vouch for Tuttle-Click's Capistrano Ford, and Rich Rader, the service manager. He took special interest in my SMB and doggedly pursued and fixed an issue which did not show up as an error code, thus took some time to track down. Had gone to a couple of other mechanics over several months period who could not identify the condition.
Jack K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:40 AM   #46

Great thread. Do you know any good diesel guys in Colorado Springs? Thanks
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:16 PM   #47

Golden Nugget Automotive, just off 395 in Gardnerville, NV. We pulled in with a bum vacuum pump on our 6.0 PSD Quadvan. They had the part and had us fixed same day, a couple weeks ago while we were traveling. Great people and the mechanics were friendly and knowledgeable. They were familiar with the van situation and understood our need to to be back and going quickly!
04QuadBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:24 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack K View Post
Recommendations in central Orange County, CA?

Thanks!

Jack
Bud’s Diesel in Huntington Beach. Not cheap, but they know what they are doing.
Countyfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:56 AM   #49
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Don't have a shop I know of in Colorado Springs, hell, I can't even find a descent diesel guy in Boulder, I had to venture out to Longmont, not far, but far enough to be a PITA to get to/from drop-off/pickup.

Anyway, I went to Lucky's Diesel shop in Longmont on a recommendation from my old mechanic that can't work on the van anymore because it won't fit on the lift with my new CCV top. Things were promising as Lucky's had a few other SMB's and vans on the lot but it turned out to be a complete disaster for me, I would NOT recommend!!

Went in for an oil leak last year, came out with a new HPOP and still leaking, they failed to even perform a complete oil change with a new filter, so the bottom end of the oil system, including the pooling oil on the filter wasn't even addressed! Took it to Grease Monkey down the road for them to tell me my filter was indeed loose!! While at Lucky's I also had them check and tighten my emergency brakes, said my rear rotors were shot, and new ones included new e-brake shoes, I got new rear brakes, but it didn't improve my e-brake issue.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago when BOR was installing the FF, I noticed the e-brake shoes were old worn out rusted units, WTF! Not only does Lucky's do shoddy work, but they're crooks too! Charged me for parts and labor on a job they didn't even perform or for that matter address the original issues.

Anyway, my rig is currently at my old mechanics getting a new water pump and other cooling related bits installed. They were kind enough to take it in for this particular fix as it didn't require the lift.

Recommend-
Pellmans Automotive in Boulder, CO
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:29 AM   #50

J’s Performance in Fresno. Hands down the best!!!!
malcolmkegel is offline   Reply With Quote