Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2020, 04:16 AM   #1

problem after fuel filter change HELP

Ok, have 15000 miles on my 2011 F350 so put the fuel filters on last night. Before starting I cycled the key several times then started it. It started right up. I let it idle for 5 plus minutes and got a error on screen of low fuel pressure. let it run a bit more.

This morning when trying to start it would not get fuel. Finally after many attempts it fired right off. Drove it barely more than 3 miles and it died going down the road. Started right up again. Let it sit for several hours and when taking it home i get the low fuel pressure and reduced power messages. Barely had enough power to pull it up a hill and my drive. Now when cycling the key the pump that runs will run (sounds gurggly) for 30 plus seconds every time.

Did i mess something up, just have air that needs to be purged. Afraid to take it to the dealer for fear i might not make it there.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dafman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:37 AM   #2

did you fill the filters with fuel before installing them?
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:41 AM   #3

Sure sounds like air is the issue. You might try loosening the fuel line at the engine and then cycling the key to bleed it out, but be sure to catch the fuel in something to prevent a fire.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:49 AM   #4

Is it a diesel? And just to confirm... it's an F350 not an E350?

If it's a 6.7L, stop driving, and tow it to an independent diesel shop. Your high-pressure-fuel-pump might have self-destructed because any air can start scarring the aluminum HPFP cylinders. If you go to a dealer, it's an $11,000 job to replace it, along with the contaminated fuel lines.