Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2018, 11:12 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
No, not attempting that. I talked this over with John at QuadVan previously. Pretty much a no-go without trimming the firewall for valve cover clearance, which would then require building a new doghouse.
Making a dog house with a good fit that can still make it over the seat and out the door reasonably seems non-trivial. Yeah, I'd draw a firm line before that as well.

Quote:
The 2-valve with Banks Powerpack makes the same power as the 3-valve anyways. I will have to figure out the driver side header for 4x4 clearance. I'm leading towards just clocking the t-case and running a 2-piece front driveline, and keeping the headers intact. Option B is having the header cut and re-welded (which QuadVan did for "factory" Chinook 4x4 conversions), but it's quite a but of labor, and would require the same mod if I ever damaged the header.
If they had a CARB sticker for the regular van I'd be invested in figuring this out as well.

Quote:
The one thing I am pretty set on is doing a 6R140 swap, as soon as Baumann Electronic Controls has their standalone TCM finished (they have the 6R80 controller out now).
That's a pretty substantial change with substantial benefits. Good luck with that!!

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote