Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2017, 03:41 PM   #1

Stuck in El Centro

Does anyone know of someone in or around El Centro that can work on a 7.3 on short notice?
We were just about to cross the border for a week when a check engine light popped on. We found a shop that offeted to tahe a loom, but what loomed initially like a bad fuel injector has leapfrogged from a bad #4 injector to one broken and one bent push rod on the #4 cylinder.

This turned into a bigger job than the shop I'm at has time to get into right now. We're calling around but not having much luck. Does anyone know of a place that I can check in with?

The wife, kids and pups appreciate any help!

-Mark
562-498-6848

DosMars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #2

I would call John at Agile Offroad and see if he has any contacts near or around there. Looks like El Cajon is about 90 miles away so he might know someone close by... 619-328-1297
Old 12-27-2017, 04:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
I would call John at Agile Offroad and see if he has any contacts near or around there. Looks like El Cajon is about 90 miles away so he might know someone close by... 619-328-1297
Yes, John was my first call. He put me in touch with JR in Holtville but JR is just getting ready to head out of town and wouldn't be able to get to it unril the end of next week.

We may have something but still open to options.

Thanks!

-Mark
Old 12-27-2017, 05:13 PM   #4

Garage
In a way I'm reluctant to share this, and dont want to disillusion anyone following social protocol, but Cash talks... similar has happened to me twice. Both times, just passing through and wanted immediate service if possible, but striking out with every call (best I could manage both times was 4 days wait time). With a last resort effort, I explained my situation & desperation to the Service manager and kindly offered $200 if he could get me to the "front of the line". Both times worked, and i only incurred a one day layover. Both instances were not minor repairs, but your situation seems to call for considerably more.
Disclaimer: I did have reservations making the offer (Not normally that kind of personality) but circumstances nagged me to try
Old 12-27-2017, 05:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
In a way I'm reluctant to share this, and dont want to disillusion anyone following social protocol, but Cash talks... similar has happened to me twice. Both times, just passing through and wanted immediate service if possible, but striking out with every call (best I could manage both times was 4 days wait time). With a last resort effort, I explained my situation & desperation to the Service manager and kindly offered $200 if he could get me to the "front of the line". Both times worked, and i only incurred a one day layover. Both instances were not minor repairs, but your situation seems to call for considerably more.
Disclaimer: I did have reservations making the offer (Not normally that kind of personality) but circumstances nagged me to try
We do think alike...
We're at a shop just down the street, he's digging into it now.
Going to rent a car and hit the beach for a couple of days while he works on things.

Good thing the wife's a lemons-to-lemonade kind of girl :-) Kids are excited too!

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions
Old 12-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #6

Good thing it happened on the US side of the border....
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 02:09 PM   #7

Hello.

I know its a dealer,but.... El Centro Motors(Ford) Talk to Eddie Galindo.
760-336-2100. They service my SMB. They will do what they can.
Good Luck
Beasty Boy is offline   Reply With Quote