Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #21

Re: The Ford sign said "Diesel smogs here"

I thought there was such a thing, in fact one was for sale here...
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3209&hilit=programmer

Contact AdventureRider, I believe when I talked to him he was considering selling the next generation of this.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #22

The Edge Platinum that I had Shawn at Zylstras in Visalia Ca install has a stock setting that was not detectable by Colley Ford , and has been a very worthwhile addition to our Van . You just do not want to exceed the third setting with stock running gear .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:23 AM   #23

FYI I just bought a 2000 7.3 E-350 Quigley for my build and had it shipped to CA from Ohio. I had to get a smog test in order to register it. They hooked up to the OBDII port at the van and to the state computer system at the other. In addition the tech looked for a CAT and an emissions label under the hood. My van had neither so he checked his book and it backed up no CAT for my van. No codes for the engine and he didn't do a smoke check, although from reading sounds like maybe he should have. Either way the van is stock so no worries.
I was probably there 30 minutes total. Also had to have the van weighed and it came in at 6700 pounds. It is pretty much just a cargo van but does have carpet and a headliner, although no sides yet. Let the games begin....
Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #24
Site Team

Not sure if this same cost would apply to my van, but my registration is due next month for my '05 Passat TDI. A local smog place I've used before told me $48 out the door. Pretty good money, for what DMV thinks should be 15 minutes of work. Not worried about the VW as it's pure stock, but I'll have to see if my SMB Cat is factory or after-market. My SMB has a Banks exhaust on it, but I do know it's a stock Ford downpipe, so maybe my Banks is Cat-back only.

Herb
Old 04-28-2010, 10:15 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRIDER
FYI I just bought a 2000 7.3 E-350 Quigley
And yet the pictures in your gallery aren't it... tsk, tsk.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:44 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRIDER
FYI I just bought a 2000 7.3 E-350 Quigley
And yet the pictures in your gallery aren't it... tsk, tsk.
Nope they are hosted under "BillWilson" gallery on page 5 I believe at the moment:
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/gal...&st=0&start=72

I was holding out on buying this hoping to get a better deal as the weeks went on but when Rob posted the photos of the van for sale I had to play my cards and purchase it at a decent price. No worries though as Rob has been awesome at answering all my questions over the months prior, Thanks Rob!

More photos to come soon, currently looks the same with the cattle guard still in place . Hopefully new tires and rims going on tomorrow. Still undecided on the Space Shuttle style aftermarket windows on the side doors.
Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:58 AM   #27

It's a fact!!!! I just tried to register a SMB that I bought in Colorado, and after two trips to DMV with a stop at the CHP and a three hour wait, I was told to get a smog check! ( my inside voice said are you f@#***ing kidding?) So with nothing better to do on a sunny spring day I went to a smog check plaice. They smiled and said come on in. I asked them if I should set my Edge system to stock or would that change emission numbers. They said no come back in an hour. After fifteen laps around the block I returned to a "sorry your van failed and I've reported you to the state" This time it was my outside voice that said "are you f@#***ing kidding?" He told me that the Edge product was illegal in California. I then asked him how did it hurt emissions and he replied that they don't even check emissions rather it's a visual check. ( again the inside voice) so my next question was "what if you did not see the box under the hood or the monitor on the dash?" He told me the van would pass, no problem! I then asked him if he needed to go to the bathroom I could fix this problem and he could recheck it. He then told me that now that he knows its there he would look harder. I"m pretty sure I used my outside voice again and asked if there was another shop in town that did smog checks...... He said it would not matter it was already in the state system. I told him no wonder our state was broke and drove down the street.

I'm now mentally ready for this...... I tucked the Edge box under the air-cleaner, rolled up the monitor and stashed it behind some wires under the dash and pulled into the bay with a smile. I then told them that the guys down the street are a bunch of a-holes and that they made me take my Egde box out before my van would pass. They laughed and said your right about those guys, popped the hood and $58.95 later I was going back to stand in line at the DMV.

The only saving grace in all this was when I handed over the bill of sale for my 2006 SMB it said $8200.00..............
gregsmith212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:43 PM   #28
Site Team

Garage

I'm told all the companies are going to plug and play or better said unplug a fool. The new models are supposed to be undetectable...at least I hope so.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote