Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2018, 08:56 AM   #21

Buttpuckerometer? Measures BPPM's. Butt puckers per minute. Pictures of those totaled Powerstops above would certainly cause me to have high BPPM's.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:15 AM   #22

Well, I can tell that another viewer of this thread is from North Carolina. I just found two posts on Craig,s List Raleigh for the Z23 PowerStop rotors and I haven't put mine up there yet.
flyr6105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:38 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyr6105 View Post
Well, I can tell that another viewer of this thread is from North Carolina. I just found two posts on Craig,s List Raleigh for the Z23 PowerStop rotors and I haven't put mine up there yet.

You know, there may be no problems with the rotors you have. Rather than selling at a loss, why not install them and monitor? Should they turn to rust buckets like mine, Powerstop will probably replace them with something else (it took a bit of "discussion" but in the end they agreed) I didn't mean to trash Powerstop based only on what may be just one bad batch. Plenty of people are very happy with the improved performance.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:46 PM   #24

I sent the vendor an email to see if they will exchange the rotors from the rotor/caliper kit I purchased. I may end up using them, but I really want to get the van in good condition so I can concentrate on the interior build. I only want to do this once, but may have to spend additional time and effort replacing the axle dust shields at the inboard of the knuckle. I haven't been able to take off the rotors yet, but will try the tips I have seen here and on you tube.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:30 PM   #25

Before and after photos

New rotors are on.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5989.jpg   IMG_5990.jpg  
Advanced 4wd
Old 04-12-2018, 05:52 AM   #26

My Motorcraft rotors will be here on Saturday. Now if I can just find another way to get the old rotors off. I've watched several you tube videos, but no luck so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Not working what next.jpg  
Old 04-13-2018, 08:34 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyr6105 View Post
My Motorcraft rotors will be here on Saturday. Now if I can just find another way to get the old rotors off. I've watched several you tube videos, but no luck so far.

Lots of PB blaster and a big f'n hammer.
bet on black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:48 AM   #28

I have zero experience removing the front's, I may still have the originals. I can see from your photo though, the bolts pushing on the rotor seem to be pushing on one side only, which will cock the rotor. Is there a way to push from both sides evenly? Or, put pressure on the one side and then back off a bit while tapping on the opposite side? Too much pressure will on just one side will lock it in place. Also, I've had really good luck with Kroil. It makes stuff like PB blaster and WD40 look like glue. Good luck............
Advanced 4wd
Old 04-13-2018, 10:00 AM   #29

Thanks for your advice artictraveller. I thought the same about pushing the disk using the caliper mount bolt holes. I have tightened the bolts, hit with a BFH and then rotated the rotor 180 degrees and done the same. I can just make out the hairline joint between the rotor and the hub. Although I have a big sledge, there is not a lot of room in the front wheel well to swing it. Not wanting to go sown in defeat this weekend, I bought a puller from Amazon. I also saw a video of someone using a grinder to cut a slot part way through the rotor and then using a chisel to split it. I wonder how long that took!
Old 04-13-2018, 10:41 AM   #30

Wow, it sounds like those are really stuck on there. I suppose as a CA resident I lack those experiences. Mine came off with a tap from a rubber mallet last time I removed them.

If I was in your situation, I'd use two feet of 2x4 or even 4x4 (dimensional lumber, not drive ) hold it up against the caliper and hit the end with a sledge a bunch of times.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote