Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2017, 12:16 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by expeditionnw View Post
Fun stuff dealing with Chris. Glad to se you got what you need.

See link, my experience with him starting at post 24.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...tml#post179604
Hah, yeah...

I've been withholding a lot of thoughts about my 6" ujoint kit as well. There have been some frustrations for sure. We need to meet up soon, I want to see your build anyway and it would be interesting to compare notes.

Brianjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:25 AM   #12

Likewise Brian, Ill PM you my number backchannel.
expeditionnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:38 AM   #13

I'm not trying to take sides here, just a voice of support. I've dealt with Chris recently on springs and he is there and available, just really busy. 5 emails with no response sounds like a bit of a problem but I know he's covered up and working, and as helpful as he can be, or at least he has always been to me. I can say I think he hangs around on Expo a lot more than here these days, and his bread and butter are the home builders there, so just contribute to his thread there and maybe it will generate a quicker response.

He has 3 kids and runs his own business so I try to cut him as much slack as I can, personally.

Good luck!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:29 AM   #14

Chris told me in a public forum he would replace my rear springs. Then followed up with a pm saying he had no intention of replacing my rear springs. I got jerked around on different parts for 6 months. I had problems with my brake lines being too short, and patiently waited 3 weeks to get two responses. (Meanwhile he was posting almost nightly on smb and expo) he told me my brake lines were fine and He would not be returning them. I posted it to a public forum, within an hr he publicly offered to return them. After 3 weeks of jerking me around privately.

It seems Chris can do no wrong on smb. For me, I will not ever again give him my business. I am not unique in my experience. There are several local van owners that have had the same problems with the same parts, and had the exact same customer service from Chris.
expeditionnw is offline   Reply With Quote