Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2024, 08:31 AM   #1

V10 6.8 heads - oil plugs???

Maybe one of you v10 guys can help me out...
I am finishing up a head gasket replacement on my 2010 v10 6.8 and reassembling the heads. I removed the oil galley plugs in both heads and *thought* I took detailed pictures of everything - apparently, I wasn't as dilligent as I thought. I know the heads are reversible and the plugs are different from Driver to Passenger but hoping someone has a schematic or clear pictures of exactly which ports get plugged on each head?

I am 90% certain I got them back exact but seems a big thing to risk if I am not 100% certain. I've 'mapped' the passages in my head and followed them in the block so they make sense but would like to know for sure.

Both get a large plug in the back of the head (for obvious reasons) but primarily, I need to see inside the front timing cover (large plug) as it appears the passenger has a plug there but the driver does not?

Also would like to confirm on each of the smaller plugs.

I am reinstalling with RTV to a snug fit, I assume this is sufficient to seal against any leaks.

jeff.depaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 06:38 AM   #2
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
If no one has the exact info you're seeking try FTE's sub-forum for the Modular Motor V-10.

HTH
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote