Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2020, 12:01 AM   #71

After 500 miles of break-in, I tried the “performance” canned tune and wow this thing does burn outs! The temps are still high on the average 210/214 and the tranny is at 200 and up to 208 and the EGTs shot up all the way to 1350-1400! This thing pulls! I obviously didn’t hold WOT for very long but I tell you this power is addicting! The other thing that was surprising was the Aver MPG shot up to 19/21!

I’m Going to call Mikes 5star Tyne tomorrow to see what they can do.

ucsundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:59 AM   #72

Do you think Mike at 5 Star Tuning would be up for a Google Teams conference call for the Forum? Might save him some time on the phone. Since I installed a KC stage 1.0 turbo last spring I've been looking for some optimizing beyond the stock tune as there seems to be a noticeable difference between it and the original Garret turbo. Anyway, I've been thinking of talking to 5 star in the near future as well.

ucsundog, just want to agree with the others that the temps you report are well within what is considered normal. That doesn't mean the temps are ideal, or to your liking, just normal. You are probably also aware that EGT temps can vary widely based on where the temp is measured. Internet posts will claim their EGTs are low but they are measuring it post turbo vs in the exhaust manifold. Just be aware of where someone else is measuring vs where you are measuring.

Here is a link to a post a few years back on 6.0 normal temps as a reference.

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...-6l-19087.html

- Eric

ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 01:06 PM   #73

Hey Guys,

Quick update....

I installed the innovative diesel tunes and the temps got within range. I also installed the Tru-cool Max transmission cooler and she runs at 160 around town and on the highway. Gonna test her out in the mountains. So far all is good!

-Alex

ucsundog is offline   Reply With Quote