How much doya want to know!!
Our engine is essentially a Stage 1 KDD = https://killdevildiesel.com/collecti...oke-long-block
We've been thru two rounds of failed injectors in <6,000 miles, so there's that...
We missed Overland Expo 2019 becuz the engine builder didn't know how to build an engine.
We would have missed OE 2020 becuz someone didn't install a blue spring for a new engine...or doesn't like regulated returns.
best upgrades for a 6.0:
1. Edge CTS3 monitor or equivalent.
*** the CTS3 can monitor 16 sensors!!
3. Regulated return for the fuel system.
*** this allows the fuel another path of exit instead of only thru the injectors. plus this allows more precise control of fuel pressure than a spring.
4. Hydraulic brake booster (it's what the E450 came with and should have been a standard upgrade from SMB)
***this eliminates the issues resulting from a vacuum pump failure.
5. Transmission cooler upgrade and/or relocate
6. Power steering cooler upgrade and/or relocate
7. Removing as much stuff from in front of the radiator + intercooler as possible + Zeta's under bumper scoop (not yet done).
*** increasing airflow = better ability to regulate temps
8. Odawg intake + zylstra MAF+filter + custom air intake (not yet done)
*** cooler intake air = better performance.
9. ceramic coated up pipes + exhaust manifolds (BD Diesel - to be done soon) + turbo (not yet done)
*** retains exhaust heat better than heat shields http://madcustomcoating.com/wp-conte...HeatShield.pdf
yet to be done:
>> modified a/c condensor to allow more airflow to reach radiator + intercooler
>> upgraded radiator - all aluminum
>> custom intercooler
>> water/meth injection??
>> 1-inch body lift
>> separate transmission cooler from radiator.
What are the issues?