Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2021, 11:32 AM   #1

'06 e350 passenger bench configuration

Hey all - not finding my answers anywhere, so hoping sum1 can help here.

I have an '06 passenger e350. Fairly new to me and I'm just now starting to mod it.

The 4 person, 4th row is currently in the 2nd row position... I want it in the third row. Based on research I am wondering if the 4th row bench was modded to fit the stock bracket configuration for the 2nd row. I figured it would be easy enough to move back to the 3rd row... but the 2nd and 3rd row brackets appear to be slightly differently aligned. I did pick up a 3 person bench which I want to put in the 2nd row position - measures like it will fit. really though I want that 4 person bench to work.

WTH? Is each row specifically configured to only fit that row's bracket locations? Seems really dumb if so.

Any help is appreciated.

Lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 12:31 PM   #2

Going from memory in my van the first row is the shortest seat and has the narrowest mounts. I believe the 2nd seat is the same mounts as the 3rd and is wider and the 4th is wider yet. I'm not near my van for a few days or I would go look and see for sure.
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:14 PM   #3

I think you'll find that the 4 person seat has two sets of mounting locations for the driver-side seat support. The extra mounting location is probably hidden by the upholstery on the bottom of the seat. If not, I'm sure a decent welder could easily modify it.
BCam is offline   Reply With Quote