Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2016, 11:07 AM   #1

Another espar thread, wiring related....

This is just a copy of my email to Espar in hopes that maybe someone can chime in and help before I hear from them:

So my heaters are installed, but now just have to be wired up. They came with no literature and the schematics online (esparofmichigan) seem to be instructions for outdated controllers. I did the logical thing and connected like colors, but it's not liking that. So here is what I have, what I want, and a few questions regarding. Any help/input would be GREATLY appreciated, for this is the ONLY thing keeping me back from departing on my trip.

I have a:
Airtronic D2 (ref #25 2069)
Hydronic II D5S (ref #25 2526)
High Altitude Sensor (22 1000 33 22 00)
Easystart 7-day timer
Digimax D1000

What I would like is to be able to run the Airtronic for 4+ hours at a time so it doesn't turn off while I'm sleeping. Also I understand the easystart timer can run multiple heaters at once.

I have found some literature on the wiring schematics but nothing specific to my configuration.

-Should I keep the heaters on separate controllers or put them both on the easystart timer and get rid of the d1000?

-What configuration should I use with the heaters/controllers to make it as simple as possible?

-Does the Hydronic need an altitude sensor as well? If so can I run the one sensor for both heaters?

-This altitude sensor seems to be the newest model, so I'm not finding any wiring diagrams on how to integrate it into the system. I assumed it just went in-line of the heater and the controller, but the error code is indicating that it's not receiving a signal. Is there a wiring diagram available that shows how the Airtronic connects to the easystart timer with an altitude sensor and hydronic integrated into the system? I understand it might be something I'll have to piece together from multiple diagrams, but I can't seem to find anything specific.

-Are there any shops between Florida and Colorado that are familiar with Espar products and could assist and/or get these wired up and working?

Here are the pics of the units I have.

Gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:37 AM   #2

Hey Gatorbait, Espar literature is not very clear. I installed the D4 so not sure if all is the same for the D2 except the DVD that came with it certainly made it seem it was the same.

Couple things I have noted -
1. the brown wire in the harness from the D4 to the controller did not get used. The Brown w White did get used.
2. The high Altitude kit - one of the leads was not used and to be taped off. The other lead (red/yellow/blue w white and brown) gets used, I am hooking up the brown from the HAK to the Brown white in the harness, hopefully that will work. The blue/white wire from the HAK is connected to the Blue White in the harness to the heater - the blue white going to the Digimax Controller is left disconnected but still needs to be available for diagnostics(?)

3. Had to go through the start up process three times to get fuel to the combustion chamber. (fwiw - I bench tested the setup sans High Alt Kit before install)

Clear as mud, huh?

I have my heater working w/o the High Altitude kit installed. That is the next step for me, today.
Re: the D-5 - I have no clue.

Let me know what you find out
Old 02-04-2016, 11:03 AM   #3

Have you tried this?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...Ua2lTosX4-87-A
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso View Post
Yeah, "They came with no literature and the schematics online (esparofmichigan) seem to be instructions for outdated controllers."

Do you know if the 7day timer I have has the same pinout scheme as the one in the pdf you linked? (3.2.8)
Gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:38 PM   #5

I didn't opt for that so I'm unfamiliar.
I have the D4, which might be slightly different.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote