Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2014, 08:46 PM   #31
Site Team

Re: Best water jugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg In Austin
I don't think there has been any DoD requirement for the MFCs or MWCs to be 'Made in the USA'. In fact, since most MFCs are used outside the USA, they would not need to meet any USA specs such as CARB.
Whenever possible, DoD requires at least two vendors for any given product to prevent monopolies, especially for consumable items such as MWCs/MFCs.

Herb

[EDIT: BTW, I just looked at the LCI website (which by the way makes it just about impossible to find the MWCs), and to me, the cans on their website look just like they did 4 years ago when I bought mine from them].

4 years ago:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4129&hilit=+mwc

Old 01-20-2015, 01:27 PM   #32

Re: Best water jugs?

BroncoHauler: thanks for the links. Just order one for us. The 10L should fit nicely into a perfect niche in our SMB and the size is perfect for the two of us. Thanks again.
garmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:16 AM   #33
Site Team

Bringing this thread back for no other reason to state that Scepter appears to have discontinued both blue and black as color options for their MWCs. There are a few sites that still have some available, so if you want them, get them now.

Herb
Old 07-15-2017, 06:32 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
...Scepter appears to have discontinued both blue and black as color options for their MWCs. There are a few sites that still have some available, so if you want them, get them now.
Dang - I tried to order another Blue 10 liter MWC but all the normal suppliers appear to be out of stock. There are a few eBay sellers ransoming the remaining units for $70-$80+ but it's just not worth that much to me.

And since LCI's website suggests emailing Specter to request another run of the Blue/Black colors I sent a request to Specter Military in Canada. The reply was boilerplate 'that color has been discontinued.'

I agree that 10L MWC is perfectly sized to fit between the SMB seats.
PeteM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:28 PM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
Dang - I tried to order another Blue 10 liter MWC but all the normal suppliers appear to be out of stock....
Sorry about that. I was shopping last week and I think Lexington Container had two 5 gallon ones left, but their price was kind of high ($46).

I ended up ordering two (the last two) 5 gallon blue MWCs, and two 2.5 gallon blue MWCs from DS Tactical in Victoria BC. I think they still have more of the 2.5 gallon blues, and maybe some black ones as well.

https://www.dstactical.com/

Herb
Old 03-14-2019, 01:37 PM   #36

Blue Scepter coming back

Great news for those who missed the Scepter Military Water Containers in Blue color. Lexington container has ordered a special run of the blue color containers, easily identifiable as fresh water sources, from Scepter's Canadian manufacturing facility.

Orders are being accepted now for anticipated mid-April delivery. Only bad news is that prices have gone up, the 10L Blue MWC that I purchased a few years ago for $27.95 is now $39.95, and the 20L is now $49.95. Still they're heads and shoulders above run of the mill camping brands for those who want best and most rugged water containers.

https://www.lexingtoncontainercompan...ater-Cans.html
PeteM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:25 PM   #37

This is what we use:
scepter 5 G (20 L)

on Amazon for $24.89

https://www.amazon.com/Scepter-04933...gateway&sr=8-4
Marcel Huijser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:52 PM   #38
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteM View Post

Orders are being accepted now for anticipated mid-April delivery. Only bad news is that prices have gone up, the 10L Blue MWC that I purchased a few years ago for $27.95 is now $39.95, and the 20L is now $49.95. Still they're heads and shoulders above run of the mill camping brands for those who want best and most rugged water containers.

https://www.lexingtoncontainercompan...ater-Cans.html

I agree. I think they could fall off the vehicle and come out undamaged. Very heavy duty military grade quality. I'm using the same except they are the 1/2 the size (2.5gal) tan colored but I also have the 5 gal in OD green marked as water. My fuel canisters are yellow for diesel.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:53 PM   #39

Garage
Scepter "Runt" - The black does heat the water (which is nice but only when that's what you want) - Many times we'll take one or two and place them under the Van. FYI - These are 3 years old and still look great.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:36 PM   #40

TwoX, I have 3 of those as well. I did two black for water and one for (generator) fuel. I love those little guys! I pressurized mine and can use a spray hose with them. I’ve got them on the Jeep now. I’ll show you at the meet.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote