Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-14-2021, 06:53 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 12
City water hookup

Iím trying to figure out how water system works for sink and toilet. We have a 20 gallon fresh water tank, pump comes on and pressures up but no water at faucet. I assumed that when connected to water at city water connections I would not need to pump from tank. To use faucet does it come from tank or outside water source like the toilet? If tank, why no water at faucet. Toilet is getting water and working fine.
__________________

LARufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:19 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: FL and VA
Posts: 1,236
Garage
Normally, city water would supply pressure without the pump for all fixtures. Probably a valve or two involved as well. I have a tank valve so city water will go into tank or pressurize the system. May also be a supply valve near your water heater or near the sink. Your situation sounds like maybe a valve is closed.
__________________

__________________
Chris
2008 GMC 3500 Quigley Weldtec 4x4 Savana SMB
2006 BMW HP2 Enduro-Sold
marret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:06 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by marret View Post
Normally, city water would supply pressure without the pump for all fixtures. Probably a valve or two involved as well. I have a tank valve so city water will go into tank or pressurize the system. May also be a supply valve near your water heater or near the sink. Your situation sounds like maybe a valve is closed.
No water heater. I am thinking the valves in the faucet are bad. I began removing fittings below faucet and getting water to this point.
LARufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:12 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
86Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 9,011
That's unusual but anything is possible if the water system has ever frozen with any trace of water in it. You can get a replacement faucet from Camping World or about any RV place but it may not match what you have. Even a residential one from Home Depot/Lowes can be pretty easily plumbed in.
__________________
Currently vanless. Weird.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:20 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
That's unusual but anything is possible if the water system has ever frozen with any trace of water in it. You can get a replacement faucet from Camping World or about any RV place but it may not match what you have. Even a residential one from Home Depot/Lowes can be pretty easily plumbed in.
I thought the same thing. Itís a 2005 and donít believe it was used or pressurized much.
LARufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:26 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARufus View Post
I assumed that when connected to water at city water connections I would not need to pump from tank.
Yes that is how mine works. The city water connection bypasses the tank and supplies water pressure directly to the faucet. So when hooked up to city water, the pump should not come on. Do you get water when not connected to city water and are drawing from the tank?
N147JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:43 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by N147JK View Post
Yes that is how mine works. The city water connection bypasses the tank and supplies water pressure directly to the faucet. So when hooked up to city water, the pump should not come on. Do you get water when not connected to city water and are drawing from the tank?
Iíve got some more trouble shooting to do. I plan to undo hoses and plumb to where I can catch water or divert some where outside van.

I am not getting any water from tank or city water.
LARufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:25 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 12
Turns out faucet is/was clogged up, or something. Removed faucet and blew air and water in and out for sometime until I eventually got water flow from the cold side. Not sure what happened but at least I know it is working for quick weekend trip. Plan on replacing faucet with this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
LARufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:45 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: FL and VA
Posts: 1,236
Garage
Excellent news. Nice faucet. I have one of the pull out types that is a nice option.
__________________
Chris
2008 GMC 3500 Quigley Weldtec 4x4 Savana SMB
2006 BMW HP2 Enduro-Sold
marret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 06:05 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
86Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 9,011
Slick. Not sure which one you have now but those taller gooseneck types are great for RVs with shallow sinks.
__________________

__________________
Currently vanless. Weird.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×