Yesterday morning, I came out of the house and heard the SMB's Carbon Monoxide detector beeping. Have no idea how long it had been going off, but it wasn't beeping before 9 pm the night before.
I installed a new one in February of last year, so it's about 19 months old. They are supposed to last 5 years.
I reset the alarm, and it hasn't gone off again...yet.
I can't figure out why the CO detector went off. I hadn't driven it for about 4 days, so if the exhaust was leaking, why didn't it go off earlier? It has been warm here, and the mid-day temps inside the van have been around 100F.
The only volatile things I can think of inside the van are a little can of WD-40, some batteries for the Coleman lantern, the underbody propane tank, and the two old Group 27s that are under constant charge of the solar panels. I took my DieselKleen and OptiLube bottles out of the van days ago. I can't smell or see anything burned.
I have a Danhard A/C. Would leaking A/C refrigerant set off a CO detector?
Any other ideas?