Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #1

cook top

I'm wondering if there is a 2 burner propane cook top that forum members prefer? My old SMB had a Wedgewood, that got the job done but seemed under powered. I like the feature some cook tops have where when turning to low you can't turn off flame. My Wedgewood didn't have those controls. Thanks Lance

Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:35 AM   #2

I definitely prefer the SMEV/Dometic style. Mine does not turn off at low flame, you turn the knob the opposite way to turn off flame.

I have one of these for sale if interested since I switched to the single burner with sink type. Just like this:

https://pantherrvproducts.com/smev-p...RoCycAQAvD_BwE
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:57 AM   #3

Garage
Whoa, I really dig all these interior discussions!*
That SMEV stainless cooktop is NICE!

(*SIDE NOTE:
Why is it that I couldn't care less about renovating/updating ANYTHING inside any HOUSE that I've ever lived in....it just doesn't matter to me AT ALL...

....but then, if we have the same "renovation conversation" around re-doing the interior of a camper van --- I think that sounds like an AWESOME IDEA??)

Love it.
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:13 PM   #4

That's a trick looking cook top. You prefer those for general quality, I presume? What would be the price for your used one? In good condition? Thanks Lance
Old 12-20-2017, 04:55 PM   #5

Ditto the SMEV!

Make sure you figure out if you are getting the left hand or right hand model (if it matters). They make a rectangular one too. The flush mount is really nice as it extends your counter workspace when not cooking.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #6

Yep, what Josh said above is key! I really like the rectangular ones but I got this style because the price was better and it's the only model I could find with the sink and single burner, which is all I need.

I'll take $200 for the one I have. It has one tiny nick in the stainless rim on the back side. I didn't intend to hijack your post so PM me and I'll get you a pic of it when I get home in a couple days. Oh, it is OPPOSITE of Josh's above. Just think mirror image, the bigger burner is on the left.

EDIT: Lance, the quality is not why I went with this style but once I had it in hand I was most impressed. The reason I went with this style is the combination of features. SMEV is a European RV company and they always seem to design things that are both stylish and full-featured in a compact design. Dometic, a U.S. based company i think, only recently started rebranding and selling them. They are gaining popularity quickly.
Old 12-24-2017, 10:34 AM   #7

86Scotty, just PMed you...Lance
Old 05-14-2018, 11:02 AM   #8

I'm back from Baja and got my SMB gutted. Wondering if your used Domectic stove is still available? thanks Lance
Old 05-14-2018, 11:51 AM   #9

cook top

It is. It’s yours for the taking. I will get to you via pm today.

Thanks
Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2018, 01:10 PM   #10

Thanks Eric, I'm excited! Lance