Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2022, 01:41 PM   #1

Danhard Air Conditioner What is this?

This is wrapped around the coils for the part of the air conditioner that removes the hot air from the van. It is located inside the van in a bottom cupboard. I believe it is the evaporator but I do not want to mistakenly misname it.

There is a material that appears to keep particles from getting on the coil. The material has a light fluffy section like insulation but also a more solid green section.

I spoke to Sportsmobile in Texas who said to wash it to keep the system running well. If I was to wash this I think it would fall apart. I have not heard back from them on where to buy it.

I tried the danhard website, hardware stores and googled but cant find any material like this.

Does anyone know what it is called and where to buy it?

[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Fremebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 05:53 AM   #2
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Personally I'd think that sort of material would be more problematic to the evaporator coil than an occasional washing with the proper solution meant to do that task.

Anything between the air flowing across the coil and the fins has to affect its efficiency---if that sort of material isn't changed and accumulates debris like any other filter it could be an issue.

Naturally I don't know the whole story why Danhard used this stuff but it just doesn't make sense to me, not if regular and routine maintenance is part of your vehicle's care.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 11:27 PM   #3
Site Team

Garage
Almost looks like 3M scratch pad. Mine is just a thin foam piece similar to what a lot of window air conditioners have.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote