Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #1

Danhard in an RB

Does anyone have any pics or information where the condenser and compressor are mounted underneath the vehicle? SMB is telling me they can't mount it to the driver's side rail where they normally do on my van because I have factory rear A/C lines running along the rail. I'm curious if there's something I can build to take those into account and still locate it there, but I have no idea how big these components are or how they mount. I'm guessing they just mean the stock mounting hardware for the system won't work. Any input would be much appreciated!

notmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: Danhard in an RB

No help here but some commiseration. We learned in the last two weeks of our build that there was no room for the underbody Danhard parts in our RB as we'd used all the space with the large storage box and, IIRC, the underbody parts for heating. Majorly disappointed but there was a significantly cheaper unit that, unfortunately, won't run on shore power. No idea how it compares to the Danhard but it works while on the road. Best use seems to be when first driving to cool back area. (got that from Greginaustin posts.)

-d-

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
—Scott Miller, NYT Sports
rionapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #3

Re: Danhard in an RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionapo
No help here but some commiseration. We learned in the last two weeks of our build that there was no room for the underbody Danhard parts in our RB as we'd used all the space with the large storage box and, IIRC, the underbody parts for heating. Majorly disappointed but there was a significantly cheaper unit that, unfortunately, won't run on shore power. No idea how it compares to the Danhard but it works while on the road. Best use seems to be when first driving to cool back area. (got that from Greginaustin posts.)

-d-
Thanks for the info. Yeah, they said it could go where the underfloor storage would go, but I really don't want to lose that. My build starts next week, so hopefully I can figure something out!
notmiller is offline   Reply With Quote