Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2017, 11:21 AM   #1
D&D

Drop-in faucet replacement

I recently had to replace the faucet in my 2005 Sportsmobile EB50. After spending hours in Home Depot and returning at least one faucet that wouldn't fit, I've found the drop-in replacement for the unit that shipped with my Sportsmobile.

The replacement unit is:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In case the link goes dead, that's a "Scandvik Marine Swivel J-Spout model Scandvik 70002".

The features that matter here are that (1) the base of the faucet that secures to the underside of the counter is exactly the same as the one it replaces, and (2) there are separate hot/cold taps, which is important for us to isolate hot water path from cold if you have the flat plate heat exchanger wide open to drain in freezing conditions.

Some pictures of the old faucet:

Couldn't find the "Fontana" brand anywhere.

As you can see in the last image, the underside of the counter is very busy with a bunch of plumbing, etc -- so the standard "house" faucets won't work well here because those usually have a massive under-sink component to them.

The drop-in replacement has the same specs as the original, so it fits through the same hole, has the same method of securing underneath, and requires no further mods. Easy replacement if you have the right one.

D&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:32 AM   #2
Site Team

Thanks for documenting that, I'm sure you'll save numerous people a lot of time researching the same issue.

Herb