Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2021, 03:05 PM   #21

What do you mean by control center? When unplugged was the inverter in Invert Mode. If so can you try unplugging with it not in invert mode.

As DaveB said take a look at the ground , get a picture.

The reset button should be on the end of the breaker.

-greg

Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 03:43 PM   #22

Thanks where that reset button was located. Pushed. No change. Where do I find ground?
ebrogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 05:24 PM   #23

Usually on the wheel well. Have you checked connections at battery, since it was replaced a year ago? Find the ground and start checking voltages.

-greg
Old 10-09-2021, 05:27 PM   #24

ground will look something like this:

-greg
Old 10-09-2021, 06:07 PM   #25

So here is the latest --I heard clicking near the Isolator, so I tightened some cables, I pulled and checked and replaced all fuses i could find in the back (no bad fuses), I shut the proSine off, I pulled fuses on the radio the refrigerator the furnace to take these circuits off line . After about five minutes I turned the proSine on again Turned Shore-power back on Reset the two breakers that were pointed out to me by this forum. Well After a while all systems were back so there might be an intermittent problem or one of those systems that I pulled the fuses on suspect problem circuits that may pull too much power and thus shut the system down.
Anyway The system is working again if it is just for a short time but I have to truly truly thank all the folks that helped and that this forum gave me great advice in trying to diagnose the problem I was having because of my limited knowledge and descriptions

Scalf77 , Twoxentrix, daveb and arctictraveller went out of their way to provide above average mentoring and I deeply appreciate their dedication to helping me thus far. It may not be the end result but for a while I can live without the appliances

Scalf77 labeled some of my circuits and gave me a new understanding . What a great teacher he is.
Old 10-11-2021, 01:22 AM   #26
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrogie View Post
When I unplugged shore power there was a clicking by the control center every 30 sec of so then I plugged in shore-power and the charging of house battery state and slicking stopped

Are you saying with the shore power off, (no charging), the clicking goes on for several minutes? How many clicks did you hear with the shore power off? It's normal for the separator to click closed and stay closed (no more clicking) once it sees a charge from the inverter or the alternator but a separator clicking a lot with the charge off indicates a problem.

Curious, do you have solar, plus did you ever try to start the vehicle when your interior lights went out and if you did, did the interior lights come back on?

If they do, that may point to a house battery or house battery system issue.

More and more your issue seems like you are getting low voltage from your house battery. It can still be a ground or breaker issue but a separator clicking in a rhythm often points to a bad battery or bad connection. If your house battery is in good shape and fully charged, the separator should not open and close in a rhythm with the inverter charge off.

Have you pulled the leads off the house battery, inspected the terminals and made sure the cables (positive and ground) are in good shape with no rubbing that could wear off the insulation anywhere?

A short is rare but poor battery lugs and/or bad connections is a more common issue. If you continue to have problems, I'd look closely for any white or green color around the house battery lugs. Inspect the lugs for a loose crimp, clean them and the posts, then reconnect them using electrical connection compound.

Failing intermittent connections can be hard to find. A high load can weld the connection closed making it seem like its working correctly and a light load can be enough to cause a bad connection to open. But nothing is in stone and at times a high load can do the opposite.

If you lose all cab DC power again, start the vehicle and see if power comes back after the separator closes. If it does you may just have an issue with your house battery connection. It doesn't hurt to do a bit of maintenance anyway.

And another troubleshooting rule of thumb, don't think there isn't more than one issue going on at the same time. Sometimes one problem can lead to another and coexist at the same time. Also I'm still a bit baffled about the whining sound.
Hopefully you've taken care of the problem and all is good.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 05:58 AM   #27

The initial whine-noise might have been the inverter. Mine sounded like that when I had a loose battery-terminal connection. It was the low-voltage alarm draining the capacitors. I'd suspect you might have a loose battery connection as well.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:29 AM   #28

Turned on water pump and the DC went out again. This time I had the pop top raised and I have no power to bring it back down
Old 10-11-2021, 09:04 AM   #29
Site Team

Garage
Start the engine for a few minutes and see if things start working. Make sure the separator clicks closed.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 11:19 AM   #30

Are you saying with the shore power off, (no charging), the clicking goes on for several minutes? How many clicks did you hear with the shore power off? It's normal for the separator to click closed and stay closed (no more clicking) once it sees a charge from the inverter or the alternator but a separator clicking a lot with the charge off indicates a problem.

Many clicks with shore power off

Curious, do you have solar, plus did you ever try to start the vehicle when your interior lights went out and if you did, did the interior lights come back on?

I have solar. I drove it but the lights on the back did not come on right away later I put it on shore power and that evening the DC was back on I drove it and now at our campground and the pop top is up and no DC power to lower it

If they do, that may point to a house battery or house battery system issue.

More and more your issue seems like you are getting low voltage from your house battery. It can still be a ground or breaker issue but a separator clicking in a rhythm often points to a bad battery or bad connection. If your house battery is in good shape and fully charged, the separator should not open and close in a rhythm with the inverter charge off.

Have you pulled the leads off the house battery, inspected the terminals and made sure the cables (positive and ground) are in good shape with no rubbing that could wear off the insulation anywhere?

I have not pulled leads now with few tools and One hour from home