Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2021, 10:11 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccourtney View Post
Hey there.

Anyone know a shop that will do a service on an espar cabin heater. Ours is over 10 years old and we've never touched it. Consequently half the time we try to use it, it flashes a glow plug error and the times it does work, it sometimes billows smoke on the exterior. Thanks.
does it give a code after so many minutes? Do you have two one for the cabin and one for a water heater?

ebrogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrogie View Post
does it give a code after so many minutes? Do you have two one for the cabin and one for a water heater?
I have looked at his heater. There are separate controls for the hydronic and airtronic units. The control unit is the seven day timer version.

Upon the start button being pressed the fan spins up as normal and then within seconds the display shows F22 code and that is where it stays. Thd fuel pump does not engage.

The perplexing part of this is there is no reference to a F22 code on an Airtronic heater.
Old 07-29-2021, 11:28 AM   #13

Quote:
Yeah I've got two. Water heater works fine. The cabin heater used to take a minute or so to flash a code that was glow plug related. Since I relaced the glow plug the F22 comes up right after the fan does a test spin. This is what I find for that code.

022 Glow plug, output (+), short
circuit after UB (battery voltage) • Check glow plug lead harness for correct laying and damage, if ok —> check
lead harness for continuity, if ok —> replace control box,
kccourtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:50 AM   #14

Garage
I can’t recall the code I was getting a couple years ago, but if the unit hasn’t been run in a while you may have to go through the process 5 or 6 times in a row before that little pump pulls up enough of the fuel to ignite.
I ended out doing this two times in a row (about two weeks apart) and have not had an issue since (as long as I run it on high for 15-20 minutes at least every two months).
Old 07-29-2021, 12:02 PM   #15

My F22codes were caused be a low house battery I charged mine and that helped if I tried one at a time. I put in a new house battery and my F22 codes no longer happened.
ebrogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 12:55 PM   #16

Quote:
My F22codes were caused be a low house battery I charged mine and that helped if I tried one at a time. I put in a new house battery and my F22 codes no longer happened.
Ding ding ding! I bet you've solved it.

If it's any consolation my Espar in my work truck gets used 6 months a year everyday and then I don't touch it for 6 months. It never ignites on the first try, or the second, but reliably starts on the third. Just as TwoX said above, shut it down and try repeatedly if it won't fire up. Mine has been lighting on the third try for years now.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 02:01 PM   #17

Ditto on Espar never starting first try. I blame overly conservative software parameters and that wimpy fuel pump trying to lift fuel out of the vehicle tank
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:48 PM   #18

I had great results at Thermo King in Hollister, Ca.
Hiking Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 01:15 PM   #19

Hi, I’m having an issue with my Espar heater and looking for a pro to help me with it. Did you ever find anyone in the socal / Orange County area that you could recommend? Thanks
Tuffskullindustries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 02:13 PM   #20

Thermo King dealer. Google is your friend.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote