Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2010, 10:21 AM   #1

Exterior Shower Nozzle Replacement

The nozzle on our exterior shower has evidently expired. The button to allow the water to flow is broken so that water will constantly flow when the shower is attached and the water pump is on.

Has anyone found a replacement nozzle? The hose and adapter are both fine.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:22 AM   #2

Garage
Re: Exterior Shower Nozzle Replacement

It seems that Sportsmobile has used several different types of showers over the years. I'm not sure which one you have, but I found this on Amazon and this at JC Whitney. If that doesn't do it, maybe Google for a kitchen sink spray nozzle and see if anything there is usable.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:44 AM   #3

Thanks Steve. The link to JC Whitney looks like it would work. It is really similar to this one on Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Camco-43712-Wh...3348369&sr=8-3). I would just need to hope that the threads are the same, although I could always get an adapter...hopefully. Here is another one that would potentially work (http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-USA-9-...=pd_sbs_auto_3).

My only reservation about these two would be the water flow. I really liked our old shower head from the standpoint that it was a water miser. This one is a bit more pricey and I would need to install an inline shut-off valve, but it may be perfect also (http://www.amazon.com/Oxygenics-130-...3348369&sr=8-4).

I'll post back once I've made my purchase and tested it out.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
Site Team

Garage

There is a thread on the site about a temp contol valve that I sure wish I had. I think it was the whole nozzle but not sure.
[EDIT] Here are a couple of posts
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1520

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=539

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwindansea
This one is a bit more pricey and I would need to install an inline shut-off valve, but it may be perfect also (http://www.amazon.com/Oxygenics-130-...3348369&sr=8-4).
Be careful on the Oxygenics. I specified them on a project where I wanted very low flow heads. The project had low water pressure (about 25 psi). The heads just dribbled because they were built to work with pressure over 28 psi. I don't know about the model listed above, but the SMB water pump may not put out enough pressure to drive the head. FWIW, I took one of the heads from my home home with me, and with higher water pressure, the head works great. Very low flow but lots of volume. I highly recommend the company.
charlie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #6

Charlie, thanks for the warning regarding Oxygenics. To make life easy and simple, I just ordered a replacement from SMB. I always liked the nozzle, turns on/off at the nozzle and uses minimal water. I must also commend SMB for shipping it out fast. Talked to Peter on Tuesday, received it today.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:27 AM   #7

Peter Is The Best !!!
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote