Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2020, 09:13 PM   #1

Flooring ideas?

I pulled up the indoor-outdoor carpeting a bit ago. The straw that broke the camels back was due to the dog having a bad time of it on the previous trip. I won't go into details, lets just say the carpeting is gone...

I've been looking at vinyl wood laminate. It's thin, relatively light weight, easy to sweep out, and if the dog has an 'accident' it's a realistic clean up compared to the carpeting.

Has anyone installed something like this? Square footage comes out to 27.5 with the 50 layout, so a box (20-23 square feet) and a bit for what I've been looking at at Lowes and Home Depot.

Any thoughts are welcome before I comit to a couple of boxes, although at $100-$150, I don't feel like I'm out much if I just go for it.

DosMars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 09:27 PM   #2

I just did the click together wood floors in my van. I was sick of the stock carpet and trying to keep it clean with two dogs, dirt, ski boots, etc.

So far, no regrets. I was easy to install, looks good and is really easy to keep clean.
Attached Thumbnails
F21C7D6F-C397-4BA3-8DB1-A4ED222B9A20.jpg  
BrianBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 06:38 AM   #3

i recently re-did the floor on my van. i originally used foam tiles but they didnt last. i bought some laminate click together flooring, but it turned out my floor wasnt level enough to make them work right.

so i went back to home depot and bought a roll of vinyl flooring. it was super easy to cut and lay out. what i like about the vinyl is that it was cheap and is seamless , so any liquid spills will stay on top and not seep down into a seam

im super happy with it
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200521_171026030.jpg   IMG_20200619_132119197.jpg  
axcxnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:01 AM   #4

Garage
Another vote for vinyl. Just did a sheet from home depot as well. Carpet tape worked perfectly to secure it. Took about two hours using just a box cutter. Waterpoof, very light, inexpensive and looks great IMO.
Old 08-27-2020, 08:30 AM   #5
Site Team

Garage
My van has them old textured floor smb used that I had industrial carpet cut and edged to fit. I have pups and its way better for them and just not having stuff move on the trail. Sodog still has an issue from stuff moving on a trip up to funnel lake.

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 08:35 AM   #6

I’m guessing vinyl sheet has come a long way since the days of linoleum. It lays flat when you roll it out into the space and doesn’t fight you?
I remember the stuff in the corners of our bathroom when I was a kid curling up no matter how much we tried to glue it down.
Old 08-27-2020, 08:38 AM   #7

yeah it laid flat without any issue. i used carpet trim on all of the edges to avoid catching it while sliding things in and out of the van
axcxnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 06:56 PM   #8
A2Z

Might want to look into Marmoleum. It's a lindseed oil based product, color fast (same color all the way through) and has no nasty smell or off gassing. I have used it in a couple of van builds and really like it. It has a warm look and feel.
A2Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 10:59 PM   #9

Garage
I put Lonseal Moonwalk in my van. So easy to keep clean and looks nice.

https://lonseal.com/products/product...gsupMOONWALK/#

Old 09-13-2020, 07:24 AM   #10

What product do you use to adhere the flooring? I found a nice bamboo patterned tile I'm going to go with. I'll ask at the shop what product they recomend, I want to make sure it has some flex to it. The floor seems nice and rigid, but we take it on some bumpy roads down in Baja and I want to make sure they don't start to pop up after a time.