I inspected a SMB for possible purchase. It was modified for a rear galley by its owner
It was a EB 40 style design...
- It was modded with a long parcel shelf placed at the end. Under it was storage, top was stove, sink counter space.
- You could also 'escape' in the opening above the shelf.
There is a big advantage to this layout for party/tailgating. The faucet and stove are accessible from the rear...makes it kinda like a galley on a Teardrop trailer.
The disadvantage is
- The reinforcing rib from the PH cuts into the galley area. The shelf would have to be deep or set into the living area
- There is a fair amount of weight put in the rear with this layout
- You may have of gear and/or a bed to remove to cook inside. I have the stove behind the driver seat. The kids stay in the PH bed sleeping while I make coffee/breakfast.
- The best place for a starcool is in the middle, a rear kitchen might be tight quarters with startcool in the middle