Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2019, 12:11 PM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0ztkid21 View Post
Would you mind posting picturese of your seat and situation?. I have been lookin to purchase a gaucho bed for my van just stinks living in nj and nearest place is smb north
If you are looking for someone to do a build (or partial build), here is one on the East Coast in Maine
https://www.awolrigs.com/

Or DIY kits from this outfit
https://www.zenvanz.com/kits

Old 08-28-2019, 02:59 PM   #12

Good looking stuff. Much too nice for me. I'd be afraid to use it.
regis101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:09 PM   #13

Not a problem, but may be at least a week. But, I’m not exactly close to where you are either?
ConnieKat
ConnieKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:15 PM   #14

regis101,
It is pretty nice looking, but is a 2005, and nothing is ever perfect. Still trying to fix a few things that need improvement. I’ve decided to get my swivel seat part
done by Chevy. At least they should know how it’s supposed to go in there!
ConnieKat
ConnieKat
Old 08-29-2019, 10:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorefc View Post
You can replicate what SMB does. 1" square tubing with a U shaped bracket mounted to the front of the seat inside. The tube (cut to length) pivots up from the inside and rests on the bottom middle/front of the seat bottom. Tube has a chair leg type plastic plug where it rests on the seat underside....One could even fabricate a round dowel to do the same....
My Austin built version has this installed but as the questioner implies, this will not hold the Gaucho high enough to do any meaningful work in the stuff installed underneath.

I resolved this by using two plastic Shop Vac extensions that prop the Gauch at a much more accessible level using the attachments already installed underneath the Gaucho. I lift it the same way as previously suggested by raising it just high enough to prop it on my shoulder while kneeling alongside (fore & aft) the Gaucho, reaching into the cavity and using the prop to lever it higher. I can easily lift it from any position but this is the only way that works to get to a prop installed in that cavity. I could keep the prop somewhere else but would lose it I suspect.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:02 PM   #16

Vlamgat,
I can’t quite figure out what’s shown in the first pic, but the bed looks “ wonderful” to me. Is it a twin mattress?
My main problem is bones that fracture on their own, so lifting the heavy bed isn’t going to work for me. My ( hopeful) plan is to extend the top ledges so I can put in an aluminum cot style top to support the mattress, and buy one of the “ folding” mattresses in
memory foam to go on top. All would be removable and I hope a good deal lighter.
ConnieKat
Old 08-29-2019, 06:01 PM   #17

* main problem is bones that fracture on their own, *

Ah. You need a Butler.
regis101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:05 PM   #18

I have a travel trailer so not much of a problem for me but when we go tent camping, I use a good quality air mattress. I've even used the air mattress as a second bed when my brother visits me at my condo. Stack two of them and it's just like a regular twin bed.
newoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote