Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2018, 03:49 PM   #1

Help with new LP Heater Installation.

I have a '00 hybrid DIY/SMB E250. Previous owner had SMB do penthouse, water, and LP, but everything else was done DIY.

Currently has a suburban heater in the rear. Since owning the SMB, I've used it once, just previous to making the purchase just to make sure it works. In California just doesn't get cold enough to warrant the space consumes.

I have some experience with LP, but not an expert. I have no LP stores or shops where I live to ask advice. The closest one is over an hour drive away.

I am basically wondering how I should re-route the hoses for the new LP heater I am going to install (Wave 3...yes I know there are downsides, but I already have one from a previous van). I am planning on installing it in the main cabin near a slide window. I am hoping to install it in such a way that I can move it around the cabin on legs, so I am thinking a braided hose is probably the safest.

So my question is...do I use the existing LP T/Tee (disconnecting the hose to the suburban) on the underside of the vehicle, cut a new opening in the floorboard and run a braided hose to the new heater? Or would it make more sense to cap the line running to the suburban and add a new LP T/Tee in the main cabin itself?

I think the 1st option probably makes more sense from a safety perspective, but wondering about your thoughts. This photo might help.

olivelawn is offline   Reply With Quote