Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #11

Re: Interior Shower set ups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John & Dana
There is no drain you simply dump it in the sink or outside when done showering.
We have one too and take it occasionally when it is going to be too cold outside to use the outside shower/shower tent combination. At least one state park we used it at does not allow grey water to be dumped on the ground and I found that pouring the drain water into the sink when done with two showers can be problematic. i therefore bought a small 120v garden waterfall pump to just pump the water out of the box and into the sink. Works great and the pump stows in the box. We also have a wood shower deck from Camping World which keeps our feet out of the drain water. We use that with the "shower in the box", and the shower tent...

Old 07-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to surfgeek33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowgars
I wanted to make sure I could take a hot shower in the snow country...
It sure was nice when we were in Yellowstone, taking a warm shower inside the Rig, and snow falling outside! I was the Hero to my wife and daughter that day.

Ray

"I do, cellularSTEVE" :o)
surfgeek33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #13

I'm more interested in the convenience of an interior shower over anything else. The less I have to set up the better. The CP makes setting up camp kinda difficult, hence the allure of the self contained SMB.
-kayak
kayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayak
I'm more interested in the convenience of an interior shower over anything else. The less I have to set up the better. The CP makes setting up camp kinda difficult, hence the allure of the self contained SMB.
-kayak
CP?
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayak
-kayak
CP?
Cerebral Palsy, more specifically spastic diplegia; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spastic_diplegia I'm a pretty active guy, but my energy only takes me so far, and I'd rather expend it fishing than setting up camp.
-kayak
kayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #16

Has anyone had SMB remodel/convert to a permanent shower set up as an afterthought? IF so, I'd love to see some pictures. I'm considering it but not sure if its feasible or if SMB is willing to do it. It seems doable on my van since I have a fixed top but they would need to take out some cabinets and I would be willing to give up a some storage space which I am ok with.
kalvarav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:13 AM   #17

I'll guiltily continue the thread jack......

I've done a lot of desert camping and the best way to conserve water is to use a common cheapie garden sprayer. If you want warm water, paint it black and leave it outside.......

You'll be amazed at how little water you use. In dry conditions, you don't even need a catchment for the gray water as it evaporates almost as fast as it hits the ground. Great for cooling off as well.

It was incredibly popular in our camp at Burning Man this year......

angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #18

Garage

If you want to get fancy with the garden sprayer idea, try this. The sprayer is more showerhead shaped and the bottle is encased in neoprene for insulation. I have one and used it a couple of times after surfing but personally, I never really liked it. I could never get it to spray with enough pressure for very long.

Steve in L.A.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #19

We use a Sun Shower in our penthouse top van. Probably put about 3 gallons in it and it is enough for two showers. Hang it from the penhouse front roof locking hooks. We have a under the bed plastic storage box that we converted into a shower pan. It is slightly larger then the bottom of our ice chest, so we nest it with the ice chest and therefore takes up little or no space. The shower curtain nests inside the shower pan and clamps to the penthouse rails with 5 spring clamps. Probably have all of $40 in the whole shower set-up and everything rolls up and stores in very little space in one of our storage compartments.

The shower pan has about 6" sides and drilled a hole about 2 inches from the bottom on one side. Makes it easy to tip and drain the gray water into a bucket at the side door.

The Green TARDIS
LenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInLA
If you want to get fancy with the garden sprayer idea, try this. The sprayer is more showerhead shaped and the bottle is encased in neoprene for insulation. I have one and used it a couple of times after surfing but personally, I never really liked it. I could never get it to spray with enough pressure for very long.

Steve in L.A.
Wow, that is quite the upgrade from the $6 Home Despot sprayer! To each his own I suppose. I used mine every day at Burning Man and had no problem removing ALL that pesky dust in pretty short order. With the standard spray nozzle, it gets pretty high pressure - high enough to actually clean with.
angler is offline   Reply With Quote