Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2021, 06:22 PM   #1

Looking for budget friendly captain chairs

Taking any and all first hand experience for some budget friendly captain chairs.
I have a 1990 e350 and who ever reupholstered the current seats did not do a good job with the foam. They need to be redone but I was maybe thinking I’d also look for some alternatives that might work if y’all have any suggestions?

Jasonred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:21 PM   #2

Budget friendly is a relative term. Give us your budget.

That said, the only budget friendly captain's chairs are in a salvage yard and hard to find. Also, they likely won't be in great shape. There are really no modern 'new' aftermarket van seats that are budget friendly, if your budget is anything like mine.

Expect to pay at least a few hundred per seat for anything worth having.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 03:00 PM   #3

Reupholstered both seats in my 2003 E350 EB 7.3 4X4 after 18 years and 293,000 miles.
$700 in North Hollywood California. Worth every dollar, high quality work and material. I am more than satisfied.
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 03:40 PM   #4

i recently purchased the seat bottoms for mine Express from these guys and I'm really happy. a little more firm that factory but I wanted that. https://www.theseatshop.com/2003-202...uration/35347/
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 07:32 AM   #5

In 2009 Ford did a facelift on the E-Series interior, including the seats. Went from buckets to a high back captains chair. I got a set of seats from a 2011 junkyard van to replace the vinyl buckets in my 2006 van, with the long term goal being to get the new to me seats reupholstered. Im hoping to be all in around the $1000 range (seats cost me $220 from the junkyard) Compared to Scheelmans or Sienna seats this seemed like the best deal, plus it's all OEM Ford parts so the new seats bolt right up to my existing swivels.
ibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 07:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibike View Post
In 2009 Ford did a facelift on the E-Series interior, including the seats. Went from buckets to a high back captains chair. I got a set of seats from a 2011 junkyard van to replace the vinyl buckets in my 2006 van, with the long term goal being to get the new to me seats reupholstered. Im hoping to be all in around the $1000 range (seats cost me $220 from the junkyard) Compared to Scheelmans or Sienna seats this seemed like the best deal, plus it's all OEM Ford parts so the new seats bolt right up to my existing swivels.
One last thing I should mention is that you'll need to retain the buckle/tensioner from your existing seat so you can use the existing seatbelt and buckle. If you stay in the E-Series family these parts swap right over.
ibike is offline   Reply With Quote