I'm designing and shopping for my next rolling home/van/office, leaning towards
Mercedes Sprinter RB 144” WB (19' 4” L)
Sportsmobile RB150S with penthouse top
floorplan features sofa 54” x 72”
looks like 2 main cushions of 54” x 27” join, with 18” add on for sleeping
Here's where I need advice, a simple tip, or something out of the box.
I want the back 1/3 of the van to be multi-purpose and easily adjustable – for cargo, riding, sleeping, sitting, eating, working, tailgating – so it seems I need the sofa platform to be/do/have the following
1) 54” x 54”, folding in half, flat, or adjustable upright up to 90”
2) slides completely back or front, whether flat, upright, or folded in half
3) faces back or front when upright, and when slid completely back or front
4) approx 28” high, the height of a common desk/workstation (will be used as such often)
5) cushions stow, platform folds in half, can be used in any position named above
6) platform also attaches (sideways the long way) to passenger side in front of rear side window for another work space (stow cushions, fold platform in half)
How can I do #6? Are there existing fixes for this? An added support mechanism for the platform base? A 90% swivel pivot for the platform base? Am I correct in assuming #1- #5 above are no problem to build? Any photos, ideas, warnings, tips? Totally different approaches? Thanks a lot – hope to see you on the road soon!