Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2020, 04:06 PM   #1

Partner Stove using low pressure propane

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have success using a partner stove on their SMB with the propane tank mounted underneath? My understanding is that these are low pressure systems that may not play well with the Partner. Headed out on a trip in three weeks and are picking our stove up halfway through the trip.

Thanks in advance!

Adam

bisonthecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:46 PM   #2
Site Team

Not from an SMB installed tank, but I run a Partner Steel off a 5# propane tank that I typically sit on the ground, through a 5' hose. No problems.

Herb
Old 10-12-2020, 07:27 PM   #3

Garage
I'm assuming you have a regulator already installed near the tank, so tapping into any lines down stream will not work if you need high pressure for the Partner. You'll need to install a high pressure line off the tank.
I recently replaced my tank had both a high & low pressure line installed (with quick connects) and routed them to the underside of the rear bumper.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:01 PM   #4

Thank you! How much work was adding the hp reg?
Old 10-12-2020, 08:27 PM   #5

Garage
For me the effort was minimal, just the burden of pulling the AE card out of my wallet.

It all hinges on clearance - where your tank and regulator are located, and the access door. I would recommend taking the Van to someone in your area that can provide some insight. If I recall correctly, there is criteria associated with installation & relocating the tank regulator - Safety regulations that should be observed. I'm sure you'd be able to do it yourself after all this has been outlined.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:13 PM   #6

Cheers thanks twoxentrix!
Old 10-13-2020, 08:39 AM   #7

Garage
There is (or could be) another alternative - If the partner Stove has a regulator already attached to it, theoretically I would think you could remove it, install some adapters, and then tap into your current low pressure line ??? (alleviates the need to run a separate high pressure line).

I have a Honda EU2200i that is set up to work on both High pressure & low pressure (I had them put a quick connect on each end of the Generators regulator so it could be removed quickly & easily if for some reason I needed to utilize my low pressure line instead of the high pressure line). Just throwing this out there...but would again suggest posing this question to someone that works on these types of systems.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:24 PM   #8

Garage
Partner Stove

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Not from an SMB installed tank, but I run a Partner Steel off a 5# propane tank that I typically sit on the ground, through a 5' hose. No problems.

Herb
I too use a partner stove with. 5# tank and have never has a problem. I love it!
bidgoodr is offline   Reply With Quote