Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2021, 11:55 PM   #21

Garage
I just installed two of the Thin-Lit 612 RWP led lights. They are exactly the same housing as the old lights on my 2007 sportsmobile. The only difference is that the new lights have a switch on either end. One controls either the red or white output and the other controls the light level to max or a disable level you can set. I bought them from solarseller.com for $90 each. If you want all white they cost $80. It takes 5 - 6 weeks to get them.

Besags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 07:17 AM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Besags View Post
I just installed two of the Thin-Lit 612 RWP led lights. They are exactly the same housing as the old lights on my 2007 sportsmobile. The only difference is that the new lights have a switch on either end. One controls either the red or white output and the other controls the light level to max or a disable level you can set. I bought them from solarseller.com for $90 each. If you want all white they cost $80. It takes 5 - 6 weeks to get them.
Besags, those are great prices and a huge variety available - thanks for the update. At that price I might have to replace my last florescent fixture. Terrible website navigation IMHO though.
Old 05-28-2021, 10:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSMB View Post
I bought the white light strips several years ago and don't have the link for the exact ones I used but these are typical of what I did use: https://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Kitc...%2C275&sr=8-11

Here is a link for the red ones I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It does involve some fine soldering to install them.
You can get them in 6" strips these days and skip the soldering. These little 6" guys are handy for lots of places like in cabinets or overhead consoles too.

https://www.amazon.com/EverBright-Fl...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 12:57 PM   #24

Wow do I like the white color of the LED light replacements, compared to my old sick greenish-hued fluorescents.
Old 06-04-2021, 07:57 AM   #25

Garage
I had good results from M4 Products.

Replaced the incandescent positional reading lights and fluorescent. They work great.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:59 AM   #26

Kohree led lights

Just came across this thread and thought I would share the lights I recently installed, if anyone is still interested in interior lights.
I just installed one ceiling light in my pop up and one over the stove/sink area. They are the Kohree ultra thin 12v rv lights. Very easy to install replacements for my stock incandescent lights. Just 2 wires which I connected with shrink wrap tubing, so no soldering needed. They almost exactly fit the footprint of the previous light.
Each unit has 2 lights that can be turned on individually, with three brightness levels and can be switched between soft white or daylight color temperature. They seem to be plenty bright for the space in my Pleasureway van.
I switched because the plastic light covers of the previous lights hard become brittle and often fell out when driving over rough roads or bumped them when putting the top up. Also I wanted the lower power drain on my house battery and not needing to replace bulbs.
I haven't yet had the chance to use them while camping but they worked fine in my driveway LOL.
I bought them on Amazon for about $60 for 2. I really wanted 3 but they only came as a 2 pack or a 5 pack. And now just checking on Amazon the 2 pack shows as unavailable, so I don't know if they can be found elsewhere or if the 5 packs are available.
I've included the name and address below.
Hope someone finds this useful.

Kohree Ultra-Thin 12V Led RV Interior Light, 3-Level Dimmable Camper Trailer Ceiling Dome Lights with Switch-2-Pack & Two-Color Temperature Combination
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0892C38J1/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
B1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 10:33 AM   #27

I just gutted my florescents and replace insides with LED strips wired directly to the switch. The housings work fine with LED strips instead of the replacement tube bulbs- more work less money and way less than new housings.
Old 08-30-2021, 01:58 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage View Post
I just gutted my florescents and replace insides with LED strips wired directly to the switch. The housings work fine with LED strips instead of the replacement tube bulbs- more work less money and way less than new housings.

That's exactly what I did with mine. Though I added a second switch which I initially had with a smaller number of LEDs allowing for three different lighting levels. After a while I discovered that I never used other than the LEDs on the original switch. They were quite bright enough. So I then swapped the LED strips on the second switch for red LED strips thus giving me the ability to have lights which would not detract from night vision.

Chris
DesertSMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 02:29 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSMB View Post
giving me the ability to have lights which would not detract from night vision.

As long as you don't flip the wrong switch! D'oh!
Old 08-30-2021, 03:54 PM   #30

I mounted the switches at opposite ends of the enclosures. I have a fixed top SMB and the front light is mounted with the long axis across the width of the van and the red switch is on the drivers side and the white towards the barn door. The back one is mounted fore and aft and the red switch is on the back and the white on the front.

Chris
DesertSMB is offline   Reply With Quote