Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2022, 04:55 PM   #1

Ripped seat pocket

This happened when my son borrowed my van. Any suggestions how to fix it or who could fix for me? I am in Irvine, CA
Attached Thumbnails
7AD909F5-631E-4097-ADE6-F228EDD3EC6A.jpg  

Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 05:09 PM   #2

Garage
Could always just cover it with one of the molle system seat back storage units (most go across the front as well though - search them on Amazon to get an idea). Otherwise, try an Auto upholstery shop - they may just pull the entire seat cover off to fix it.
Old 07-27-2022, 04:40 AM   #3
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Could always try these guys too if no local shop is available: https://www.theseatshop.com/?gclid=C...caAlkbEALw_wcB

FWIW I HATE when people damage by shyte and make no offer to repair in on their dime OR offer no apology---learn a lot about people (no matter who they are) when it comes to doing the right and honorable thing.

Such an incident tends to be the last time I loan them ANY thing!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 07:48 AM   #4

There are types of blindstitches that you can do - done right you can do them from an orientation like that and then pull it all together and have a good look.

Now that the whole forum would like to at least lightly punch little Timmy in the back of the head - please share what in tarnation actually happened there?
SMB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 10:05 AM   #5

Not a fix but I agree with TwoXentrix. I installed the below product. It does not exactly fit. it took a bit of getting it into place. But I am happy with it. It adds extra storage and looks pretty nice. I you want I can send photos later. Just let me know.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sam C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 03:10 PM   #6

Repair

This is what I decided upon. A bit ghetto in looks, but function is 100%. A side benefit was I was able to tighten up the elastic at the top of the pocket that had stretched out.
Attached Thumbnails
66677794-4BDC-4E47-B294-1A27FBAB64D4.jpeg  
Old 08-21-2022, 03:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMB123 View Post
There are types of blindstitches that you can do - done right you can do them from an orientation like that and then pull it all together and have a good look.

Now that the whole forum would like to at least lightly punch little Timmy in the back of the head - please share what in tarnation actually happened there?
I didn’t go with blindstitching, but did stitch it up.

He moved some furniture in my van while moving into his new apartment.