Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2018, 01:44 PM   #21

JW I got something very cordura-like in the Cabelas bargain cave last year. They are Cabelas house brand, are not fitted by lay over the seat, sides drape down and they attach with webbing strap. Nothing fancy but good for dirt or mud days.

I saw a similar bench seat cover there in December but hate my bench seat and still searching for suitable replacement mod. (Cannot add sienna seats because not enough clearance would remain for my bed/storage )

I may be up there this weekend and will scout the bargain cave again for you. Will text you if I find any

Old 01-05-2018, 08:36 AM   #22
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMike View Post

I let my wife rescue an injured and special needs dog for Christmas in exchange for Cordura Seat Covers lol. She agreed and said she's ordering Hawaiian Prints for her car and not the Econoline. I think I have won this, fellas! We placed our orders through myseatcovers.com so I'll keep you guys posted.

I'll update you once the covers come in for our cars!
You did win one, both you and the wife having your own choices---good on ya Sir!

Will look forward to your update on MySeatCovers.com's products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
JW I got something very cordura-like in the Cabelas bargain cave last year. They are Cabelas house brand, are not fitted by lay over the seat, sides drape down and they attach with webbing strap. Nothing fancy but good for dirt or mud days.

I saw a similar bench seat cover there in December but hate my bench seat and still searching for suitable replacement mod. (Cannot add sienna seats because not enough clearance would remain for my bed/storage )
Hey AnnieO---staying warm I hope?!

I've seen a few Cabela's branded seat covers but only inside locked vehicles, the owners no where to be found at the time. IIRC they are more like a Carhartt coverall? If so that should be more than durable enough even in the short term.

Sienna seats seem to be the way to go if that second row bench isn't meeting the need. I've come across several older conversion vans with the reclining rear bench seat, those that fold flat for a sort of bed-like surface. My only concern there is what it would cost to re-upholster with new foam and covering? Wouldn't think the existing material would be all the desirable.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
You did win one, both you and the wife having your own choices---good on ya Sir!

Will look forward to your update on MySeatCovers.com's products.

Hey AnnieO---staying warm I hope?!

I've seen a few Cabela's branded seat covers but only inside locked vehicles, the owners no where to be found at the time. IIRC they are more like a Carhartt coverall? If so that should be more than durable enough even in the short term.

Sienna seats seem to be the way to go if that second row bench isn't meeting the need. I've come across several older conversion vans with the reclining rear bench seat, those that fold flat for a sort of bed-like surface. My only concern there is what it would cost to re-upholster with new foam and covering? Wouldn't think the existing material would be all the desirable.

Got these suckers put on yesterday! I'll have to work on the wife's covers later. The prints alone are making my head spin. My covers are simply great. But these were a pain to install.

All in all, I hope Decor and Myseatcovers get bigger. They're both so honest and open about their business. I've been reading about some other seat cover company who's scamming people left and right. Dear lord I feel sorry for those customers.

Thank you very much for the post and referral JWA. I'll post photos of my wife's covers later.
Attached Thumbnails
myseatcovers_cordura.jpg  
MasterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:55 PM   #24
JWA

Quote:

Thank you very much for the post and referral JWA. I'll post photos of my wife's covers later.
Glad when I'm able to turn someone on to parts etc I've found great or better. With DecorAuto I got a good vibe from Susan even through email.

I hope both companies are profitable without too much stress and strain on 'em---not sure I want them so successful they'll no longer have time for us little people. If they do grow huge we can take part of the credit!

Looking forward to the Wife's covers----see what pattern and colors she chose!
Old 02-05-2018, 02:50 PM   #25

Alright, here's the wife's new seat covers. She is absolutely in love with them. I on the other hand won't step foot in it.

But I will say that the smile on my wife's face after seeing these does make me feel happy. One day these shall be cute in my eyes. But not today.

Without a doubt, these 2 companies are worth helping to get big. As long as we aren't sitting here in 3 years complaining about how their service went down the crapper. Michelle of https://myseatcovers.com explained that she's trying to lessen the load on Susan and her mother but she's trying to make them busy enough to hire in house help. It's companies like this that I love to support. I don't know how to help them, but I'm sure as sh*t I found your post here!
Attached Thumbnails
20180202_1222481.jpg  
Old 02-05-2018, 03:16 PM   #26
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
What’ya mean, I love em!!.....🤥

'03 Ford E350 7.3L Diesel
SMB RB50 w/CCV top
Quigley 4X4 w/Deavers & Agile RIP kit
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:49 PM   #27
JWA

Quote:
Alright, here's the wife's new seat covers. She is absolutely in love with them. I on the other hand won't step foot in it.

But I will say that the smile on my wife's face after seeing these does make me feel happy. One day these shall be cute in my eyes. But not today.

Without a doubt, these 2 companies are worth helping to get big. As long as we aren't sitting here in 3 years complaining about how their service went down the crapper. Michelle of https://myseatcovers.com explained that she's trying to lessen the load on Susan and her mother but she's trying to make them busy enough to hire in house help. It's companies like this that I love to support. I don't know how to help them, but I'm sure as sh*t I found your post here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
What’ya mean, I love em!!.....🤥

'03 Ford E350 7.3L Diesel
SMB RB50 w/CCV top
Quigley 4X4 w/Deavers & Agile RIP kit
Well................those sure would be hard for me to love too----seems REF might be coming into a set in the near future too?

I do wonder if the wife's plan all along to keep you out of her seats wasn't part of it all?

Sounds like Susan and Michelle should join or merge together maybe? They'd be a formidable outfit I'm positive.

So we and those looking in have a few more choices, ones that have been vetted hopefully enough to give confidence in others looking for articles that can be a crapshoot quality-wise not to mention fitment. Quality ain't cheap but for my money I got a lot more than I paid for---a huge delight in this day and age.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:27 PM   #28

A happy wife. ....... well uh... a happy wife. Good.
wadewaydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:48 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Well................those sure would be hard for me to love too----seems REF might be coming into a set in the near future too?

I do wonder if the wife's plan all along to keep you out of her seats wasn't part of it all?

Sounds like Susan and Michelle should join or merge together maybe? They'd be a formidable outfit I'm positive.

So we and those looking in have a few more choices, ones that have been vetted hopefully enough to give confidence in others looking for articles that can be a crapshoot quality-wise not to mention fitment. Quality ain't cheap but for my money I got a lot more than I paid for---a huge delight in this day and age.
Well, isn't pink the new "in" color for men? Isn't that't the hipity dipity style?

The more I see it, the more it suits my wife, the more I'm getting to like it.

Don't judge! It've been seeing it every day so it has grown on me.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:29 PM   #30

Sometimes the women just get their way. My daughter has picked out purple carpet for my van...i vetoed pink lol.
bet on black is offline   Reply With Quote