Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2012, 12:49 AM   #1

Seatbelt latch cover?

The plastic cover that goes on the latching mechanism at the female buckle by the seat has broken off at the tabs on my 2002 e350. Having a hard time figuring out what to call it on my google search... Can anyone point me in the right direction for a replacement or tell me a better term for it to plug into my search engine?
I've tried fixing it, but the epoxy I used to re-attach and reinforce the original broken off and bent tabs is not adhering to the plastic of the cover.
Is there an aftermarket source people are using for this type of item? One of the things I love about my jeep is that I've got go-to sources for any conceivable replacement item I would ever need. Trying to come up with some similar sources for the Ford...

Old 12-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #2

Re: Seatbelt latch cover?

Is it just the "seat belt"? I mean, not a replacement part but part of a replacement seat belt? Go into a real auto parts store like Napa and have them look at the big parts books, maybe you can come up with a part number but more likely you'll simply find the whole belt.

That said, junkyard? I hate when google fails from not knowing what to call "that thing"...
Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #3

Seatbelt latch cover?

Dealer part I bet, unfortunately.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:14 AM   #4

Re: Seatbelt latch cover?

Thanks guys, I just registered on the Fordforum.com site. I'll take a pic of the part and post it here and there. There's got to be an aftermarket source for the little things. I need to take the van into the dealer for a recall notice, I'll have them I.D. the part and give me a quote for the replacement. I doubt it'll be reasonable, but might have to bite it if I come up empty on the other forum...