Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #11

Re: Sideways seating and seat belts

Jage,
Thanks for the reply. Yes I know I should look into a new van but this one fell into my lap. I really am trying to make this work as long as it can be done without jeapordizing the safety of any passangers (to answer you question there are no airbags). I attached some pics so you can see what I'm delaing with. I have two front seats. Behind the passenger seat is a sink and stove. Behind the driver's seat is a row of three tall cabinets (fridge, closet, porta p). Then in the very back is a bed with storage underneath. It doesn't convert into anything.

All I can think of would be to reconfigure the bed in back to convert into seats and a table. OR I could remove two of the cabinets (not ideal).

If you know anyone good at redesigning the interiors near Salt Lake that would be great.

Thanks again for the advice.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Seats.pdf (807.5 KB, 44 views)
File Type: pdf Rear.pdf (923.4 KB, 53 views)

tadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #12

Re: Sideways seating and seat belts

Lose the stove and get a portable. Put a 3rd captains chair there.

Or lose the bench in the way back and move the stove/sink back until you can fit a c.chair in the 3rd spot without blocking the side doors.

Beyond that you might as well totally redo the interior and reuse what you can. Given the scope, you're not that far from Colorado Camper Vans.