Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2021, 06:55 PM   #1

Simple water system?

Hi all

My new-to-me rig has the domestic water system ripped out. Which works for me. The wiring for a 12v pump is still in place under the sink.

What I would like to do, and hoping someone can point me in the right direction:

We have lots of water jugs, like 6 gallon-blue cubes and the 5 gallon Reliance jugs. I’d love to have a pump that lives under the sink that has an input/suction length of hose(3’?) that can pull right out of a jug under the sink. Then, on the output/discharge side of the pump a long (10’?) hose with a sprayer. Most of the time we’ll be doing dishes outside anyway. And could be used as an outdoor shower too.

Is there a pump that will do this? Major points if it doesn’t require regular priming.

Anyone? Thoughts?

TechTonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 07:29 PM   #2

Garage
Three variations that might work for you - These are battery operated, but they have ones that plug into Cig outlets (cut the end off and attach to 12v)
https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Wate...814Q1HZRDYBFWG
dp

https://www.amazon.com/Stansport-299...g=gearmoose-20

https://www.amazon.com/FLYFISH-Detac...548303&sr=8-31

I bought the last one to use with my Scepter Runts (borrowed that idea from 86Scotty - he showed me a slick setup he made a while back)
Old 03-11-2021, 06:05 AM   #3

Dude. Thanks. Perfect.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:29 AM   #4

Garage
Just an FYI, the battery operated units allow you portability - you’ll have the flexibility to carry one of your water containers to another location, like a picnic table and still have pressurized water stream for cleaning, washing, whatever. Would be a nuisance to try drag a cord around to reach it using a 12v plug from the Van.

Edit: I have both - pressurized internal system, and the battery operated one which has proven very convenient!
Old 03-11-2021, 06:38 AM   #5

Yeah. Totally, I ordered one and will use it as-designed.

Will probably reuse the switch and wires for the old-pump for some LED string lights or similiar.

What an organic segue:

Any 12v LED lights you can recommend?