Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2008, 06:37 AM   #1

Sink Questions

This question is for those of you with a '50' style layout that doesn't have a water heater under the sink. Can you describe the storage space under the sink area? Pictures and/or dimensions would be very helpful. Trying to figure out what I can store under there on my build.

Thanks,

Old 11-21-2008, 08:31 AM   #2

Note that on my build there is no "trash can hole" in the door to the undersink, which I like because it's a cabinet for me.

The sink trap hangs down in the main part and there is a shelf to the left about 1/2 way up. Also my grey water tank is partially in the space and the grey water drain comes at a 40º angle toward the door- across the whole floor. Add the sink lines in the back and across the floor, and it is really a mess in there.

The space is my junk drawer because it is so misshapen. Nothing really big can fit (a kleenex box is about as big as any one thing that can be maneuvered on to the shelf easily), I have a spare water line, my water fixtures for inside filling, box of walmart bags, extra paper towels, a gallon jug of water (can only go in front of the door), and probably a bunch of things I've forgotten.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:32 AM   #3

Ours is about the same although we do have the small trash can in there. There is no SMB shelf on ours although I screwed a long, narrow Rubbermaid-type drawer organizer on the left wall for a roll of aluminum foil (out of the box). We have a plastic grocery bag holder on the rear wall and some cleaning supplies on the floor behind the trash can. Because of the sink drain and grey water tank, there isn't much space for organized storage.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:45 AM   #4

Jage,

I thought the gray water tank was installed underneath the vehicle? Is yours inside? Is this normal?

Thanks,
Old 11-21-2008, 10:23 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Greg In Austin Send a message via Yahoo to Greg In Austin
The tank location is flexible. We found it to be VERY flexible.

We did not want to consume space under our galley,but had already consumed all the locations under the vehicle. SMBTX found a smaller tank and found a spot just forward of the passendger side rear wheel-well at a slightly higher elevation and just filld that hole. It has worked great and has never filled up.
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (15 to 18 mpg) [Johnnie]
2012 Mitsubishi MiEV (no gas required) ($.50/day in electricity) [Evie]
https://badge.facebook.com/badge/1232...3.32047100.png
Greg In Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg In Austin
It has worked great and has never filled up.
You know you have to close the drain to have it fill up right?

My grey water tank fits over the propane/city water/ electrical panel cutout in the van and is behind the commode and partially the sink. It ends before the fridge, but not before taking out part of the panel between the fridge and commode/ big drawer.