Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2009, 08:29 AM   #1

Sink / Shower operation

I tried to find this info but could not. Maybe some of you experienced owners wouldn't mind putting together a list of "Sticky's". A few topics in one place...sanitizing water system (great write-ups on this...thanks!), engaging 4x4, disconnecting sway bar, etc.

My question may sound lame...it does to me. I have no gray water. Im trying to use my sink but nothing is coming out...or very little is coming out. I have used the sink very little in the past but it has worked. What changed? The first time I went to use it I figureed out that the white drain cap needed to be off so the water could exit. I did this again but its not working.

Can someone walk me through the process of using my sink? Man that really does sound lame.

Thanks!

newguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #2

Re: Sink / Shower operation

If you don't have a grey water tank, the sink must just drain onto the ground (Mine too). If it's not draining, you probably got something in the drain line. Sounds like you'll need to get under the sink and open stuff up to clean it out. I've been planning on removing the "P-trap" arrangement that SMB put under there. With no grey water tank, I can't see a reason for the trap. Never had one on my other vans and never had any bugs or dust come up thru it.

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #3

Re: Sink / Shower operation

The place for that is the Wiki, which can be found in the links at the top of any page. I'd suggest logging in to the Wiki (same username and password) and making an Outline of everything you would like to see. Then you can harass us to go fill in the info and it will become a resource for everyone in the future as opposed to burying the site in stickies.