Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2020, 01:38 PM   #1

Stuck gaucho slider

Has anyone experienced one of the "sliders" on the sides of the gaucho couch getting stuck? I pulled one of mine out today to do some work on the water and electrical systems and once removed one of the two sliders won't extend all the way. It doesn't look like there's any way to access the mechanism without complete disassembly of the couch base so I'm hoping someone might have a clever idea.

motoidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:28 AM   #2

Is your gaucho set up where the sliders are on the sides of the seat, under the upholstery, and are bolted at the back with a single bolt that acts as the pivot point when you raise the seat (like mine)? I had my sliders fail outright - break apart. I ended up going to the hardware store, finding a cabinet slide of the appropriate specs (short enough to be installed when collapsed, long enough to allow the extension, heavy enough to take the load), then taking the seat loose, removing the upholstery and putting the new slides in.
Wowbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:26 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, mine are as described. I finally bolted the seat base back on and with the better leverage and a few sharp tugs was able to free the stuck slide.

If they give me further trouble I may have to follow your example.
motoidiot is offline   Reply With Quote