Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2014, 07:58 AM   #11

Re: Truma Combi availability in USA

Nothing to contribute to the topic at hand except Howard (rv-dreams.com) does his research. I've followed him and Linda off and on for many years as they were one of our initial inspirations for embarking on a long trip.

-John

Old 12-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #12

Looks like Howard at the RV-Dreams link was reviewing/testing a different product Truma has introduced to the US market, the Aqua-Go instantaneous water heater. It provides a high-power (60 kBTU) burner for on-demand water heating and requires a standard sized water heater cut-out in the van body for installation. The Aqua-Go is not designed to provide space heating.

By comparison the Truma Combi is a self-contained unit that provides both hot water and space heating. Combi installation is similar to the Espar or Webasto diesel heaters, the relatively small sealed combustion unit can be placed anywhere inside the van while a flexible outside air supply/exhaust duct can extend 3 - 6 ft to a small vent on the outside wall.

Both Truma products look like interesting new additions to the US market. The Aqua-Go seems well suited to larger Class A and Class C motorhomes that have adequate fresh water for the Aqua-Go's 'Endless Hot Water' feature. The Combi seems particularly well suited to small campervans that need efficient water/space heating, flexible installation layout, and minimal compromises to the van body structure.

In Europe the Truma Combi is standard in almost all commercially available camper vans. It will be interesting to see how it performs here.
PeteM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:51 PM   #13

I was at SMB west Friday and they have my build slated to use the Truma unit!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!! I thought I would have to get the regular furnace, but they are working to get units in stock as soon as they are certified. Hopefully before my build hits that part of the project line. If they do put it in mine, it would likely be the first one OEM in an SMB!

In other news, my van gets started in the line on 3/10 yay!
Old 02-26-2015, 11:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by prally
I was at SMB west Friday and they have my build slated to use the Truma unit!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!! I thought I would have to get the regular furnace, but they are working to get units in stock as soon as they are certified...
That's very exciting! We'll look forward to your reports on the new build and Truma Combi operation.

How much was the Combi when installed in an SMB? And which model did you choose?
PeteM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prally
I was at SMB west Friday and they have my build slated to use the Truma unit!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!! I thought I would have to get the regular furnace, but they are working to get units in stock as soon as they are certified...
That's very exciting! We'll look forward to your reports on the new build and Truma Combi operation.

How much was the Combi when installed in an SMB? And which model did you choose?

The price and actual unit are both still unknown!!!!! I am risking it!
Old 04-27-2015, 09:40 AM   #16

Here is the one I am getting:
Combi CP Plus
http://www.truma.com/int/en/news-events ... p-plus.php

Unfortunately, it will NOT fit under the gaucho in my rig, so it has to go where the original furnace plan had it and take up some of my valuable cabinet space. Still takes less space than the original furnace alone, plus the hot water aspect.

Van is progressing!
Old 11-22-2016, 12:14 PM   #17

Any update on Truma Combi availability or reports on how they've turned out? That looks like the ideal solution for my Transit poptop that Van Specialties will be doing come March.
WAMTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMTB View Post
Any update on Truma Combi availability or reports on how they've turned out? That looks like the ideal solution for my Transit poptop that Van Specialties will be doing come March.
which pop-top are you installing? I haven't seen many Transit offerings.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:50 PM   #19

Sportsmobile. I came across a Transit with the poptop already installed (this one http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...tml#post180343). Thinking of doing the floor and finishing the walls ourselves, and having VS do the propane, water and electric systems. At least, leaning toward propane systems at this point.

GTRV also has Transit poptops but hasn't done a very good job of getting pictures out. I had contacted them and received pics by email. Might have gone that way for the lower profile had this deal not come along.
WAMTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 11:35 AM   #20

Just wanted to bump this and see if their has been updated info on this?
Thanks
gnty is offline   Reply With Quote